jump to last post 1-17 of 17 discussions (17 posts)

Which book are you reading these days?

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image65
    Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years ago

Which book are you reading these days?

2. Pravf profile image37
    Pravfposted 6 years ago

Currently i'm reading 'N or M' and 'Seven Dials Mystery' written by Agatha Christie.

3. Fit4Lyfe profile image59
    Fit4Lyfeposted 6 years ago

currently reading: In defense of food by michael pollan
    planning on: The Omnivores dilema by michael pollan

4. maria.rose profile image37
    maria.roseposted 6 years ago

I just started "The Strangers in the House," a mystery by Georges Simenon...........

5. Sarah Masson profile image67
    Sarah Massonposted 6 years ago

I'm reading: Sing You Home by Jodi Picoult but I have to also start True History of the Kelly Gang by Peter Carey for uni

6. lilibees profile image61
    lilibeesposted 6 years ago

I am currently reading Under the Dome by Stephen King......What a goodie I might add.

7. Michaelmas profile image65
    Michaelmasposted 6 years ago

I'm currently reading Heaven is For Real

8. mtkomori profile image86
    mtkomoriposted 6 years ago

Just started reading "Unbearable Lightness: A Story of Loss and Gain" by Portia De Rossi. So far it's intriguing. She discusses how she began modelling as a child and later develops an eating disorder, all the while being afraid that people will find out about her sexuality.

9. Porshadoxus profile image77
    Porshadoxusposted 6 years ago

I just finished reading 'Dismantling the Big Bang'. It presents an objective view of the Big Bang, showing how the theory does not endure the scrutiny of actual science and the Laws of Physics.

10. profile image0
    Valoric Fireposted 6 years ago

The Grand Chessboard by Zbigniew Brzezinski

Brzezinski is a formidable geostrategist, NSA under Carter and Trilateral Commission/CFR member. A must read to understanding geostrategy and American Imperialism.

In virtue of being a cold-blooded political realist, Brzezinski knows full well that Islamism will never pose a tangible threat to the United States. As far as America is concerned, Islamism is nothing more than a bogeyman, an imaginary affliction, with which to frighten a notoriously simple-minded American population into submission so as to make it relinquish its own civil liberties.

11. jtyler profile image57
    jtylerposted 6 years ago

I'm reading some books by Issac Asimov.  I've just finished the robot series (besides the first two) and I'm beginning the foundation series.

12. shiloh01 profile image55
    shiloh01posted 6 years ago

I have been reading "How to live three sixty five days a year"

13. BKAONE profile image79
    BKAONEposted 6 years ago

I'm reading Sick City by Tony O'Neill.  It's a pretty fast read about the underbelly of L.A..  Drugs, sex, millions of dollars and one sex tape.

14. StephanieBCrosby profile image86
    StephanieBCrosbyposted 6 years ago

I am happy to say I have found time to read a book for enjoyment because it is entertaining and in vignettes, so it is great for starting and stopping at random times during the day, or rather night: "Writers Gone Wild" by Bill Peschel.

15. Guanta profile image73
    Guantaposted 6 years ago

I'm a throw back to the turn of the century!  I just finished reading Jane Eyre.

16. sam3m profile image60
    sam3mposted 6 years ago

it has been my practice for years, to read more than one book at a time.  it gives me a change of pace and rythm in my reading so i can read longer.  i am presently reading the last surgeon by michael palmer, a fluff murder mystery, and the art of war by sun tzu, a classic that i've always been curious about.

17. FranYo profile image59
    FranYoposted 6 years ago

I just finished Shantaram, by Gregory David Roberts.  What a ride!

Although it doesn't list as autobiographical, it does seem to closely follow the author's life from Australia, prison, escape, Bombay, Afghanistan, and then back to India.  In real life he returned to prison and completed his sentence, and now resides in Bombay, although this part is not in the book.

Very long but WELL worth the time.

working