How Do I Get An Agent?

1. tHErEDpILL profile image87
    tHErEDpILLposted 6 years ago

How Do I Get An Agent?

I have several TV treatments and scripts completed but finding a way to get them in a position to be pitched to anyone who can help get the ball rolling on them seems impossible.  I have already sent out query letters and called agents to no avail.  If anyone has any other suggestions or if you have any connections to agents yourself please help a fellow writer out.  I live in New York and I am currently in School studying Film Making.

2. Sundaymoments profile image75
    Sundaymomentsposted 6 years ago

When you are searching for an agent you must be prepared to send out multiple samples of your work. I had the same problem as you, I would send out the query letters but yet I would get no response, or I would get that ever so syntactical letter "We are sorry but your content is not what our agents are looking for at this present time".

This is when I learned one secret to the trade have two or three different query letters prepared and send them all out to various agents.

Also have a 30 second to a minute trailer made about your content and insert it on You-Tube and other various online resources (you never know who could be looking at your content). 

When I first started looking for an agent I began by doing an internet search and realized there are so many resources and then this is when I found that by purchasing a subscription to an online writing resource community I gained posterity as distinguished writer.

Another suggestion is to purchase a website that introduces yourself as a writer/screenwriter. Give samples of your content on your website. This is also a good place that you can insert your trailers.

A great and affordable web-hosting site to use for this purpose where it does not cost an arm and a leg is:

this is who I have my site hosted with and I get the support I need without the high cost.

If you would like to view my web-site to better assist you and also give some tips visit: