jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What was the first novel you read and how old were you?

1. KK Trainor profile image60
    KK Trainorposted 6 years ago

What was the first novel you read and how old were you?

2. Majesty_James profile image57
    Majesty_Jamesposted 6 years ago

I was about five, but I can't remember if the book was Alice's Adventures in Wonderland or The Magician's Nephew.

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

The first novel I remember is The Wizard of Oz and I was likely 7 or so.  Our teacher was reading it to us at school and it just lit up my need to read.  My mom bought me the book and I read it at home, over and over again.

4. uncorrectedvision profile image60
    uncorrectedvisionposted 6 years ago

I read the usual juvenile fiction but I am having trouble remembering what I read before I was 12 or 13.  I read "Flowers for Algernon" by Daniel Keyes when I was 12 and "Hour of the Dragon" by Robert E. Howard when I was 13.  Loved both.

5. Stump Parrish profile image61
    Stump Parrishposted 6 years ago

I guess I was around 8 when I first read Tom Sawyer. Tom Sawyer was the book that showed me the joys of reading. I was able to crawl inside and watch it unfold in my head. This is the book responsible for my enduring love of reading and stoeies in general.

6. your cybersister profile image60
    your cybersisterposted 6 years ago

Reading is a passion of mine.  I became addicted to the "Happy Hollister" series of books when I was seven - I read them all.  The first classic novel I ever read was "Black Beauty".  I chose it because it was about a horse, but it was a terribly sad story, and I was sorry that I read it.  I learned to read the book jackets after that...

7. Meg Ingram profile image60
    Meg Ingramposted 6 years ago

little house on the prairie i forget how old i was.  i just recall that being one of my very first novels i ever read.  the addiction  for books grew from there.

8. justamber profile image60
    justamberposted 6 years ago

I was about 7 or 8 and it was called "Behave yourself Bethany Brant" It's so weird that we remember things like this. I hardly remember what it was about except it was a young girl named Bethany and I think her and her family rode around the prairies in a covered wagon or something...

working