jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Where can you write adult content without offending others?

1. frugalfamily profile image75
    frugalfamilyposted 6 years ago

Where can you write adult content without offending others?

2. profile image0
    SilverGenesposted 6 years ago

Your own website is a good place for adult content. It depends how 'adult' you mean though so check with the hosting company first before you decide where to host your site. As for offending others, that's always a risk no matter what we write. Books like Catcher in the Rye and To Kill a Mockingbird have both been banned at various times smile

3. frugalfamily profile image75
    frugalfamilyposted 6 years ago

Thanks for your input SilverGenes.  I'm actually hoping to find an anonymous spot to blog.  The postings could get quite racy and I don't think most sites would allow it.  I'm not too keen on the idea of a stand alone site because I'm hoping for real traffic and input.  I'm sure someone out there can point me to the right home for this project.

4. junkseller profile image84
    junksellerposted 6 years ago

There is a blog hosting site for adult content called sensualwriter.com. I don't know much about them, but you might want to check them out.

I'm not sure they have much of a community over there as they do here. You may want to consider posting some preview stories here and than link to your racier stories to drive some traffic.

5. Naomi's Banner profile image80
    Naomi's Bannerposted 6 years ago
  6. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 6 years ago
  7. Joan1 profile image58
    Joan1posted 6 years ago

If you don't want to offend anyone then write it in a book and keep it to yourself.
    If different people can read it there will be people who get offended.

8. The Ghostwriter profile image73
    The Ghostwriterposted 6 years ago

I think the term 'adult content' is subjective; some people feel that even mentioning private body parts should be deemed 'adult content' perhaps if you were looking at a HubPage, you might be better avoiding anything that is slightly questionable.

Having said all that I do believe that it is possible to be creative when writing adult content to minimize offending readers but you'll never please all the people, all the time!

I would dabble in a few stand alone blogs and create some test pages if it was me.

9. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image99
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

I assume that if you searched for adult forums - you'd find plenty of places.