jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What do you do when you don't have any ideas on what to write about?

1. Neerizzle profile image80
    Neerizzleposted 6 years ago

What do you do when you don't have any ideas on what to write about?

I usually think of something during the day that motivates me, sometimes I have several ideas and have to save one for later or the next day. But today, I am at a loss. I want to write something, really in the mood but no ideas. Suggestions on where to find ideas when you're in a slump?

2. BWD316 profile image85
    BWD316posted 6 years ago

my problem tends to be  getting the focus to finsih writing hubs but as for the ideas, i have a notebook that i write down ideas in when ever they pop up.  I wont write a whole article just the idea, maybe some bullet notes then when i feel the inspiration i go back to it and turn it into a hub.  This seems to help because although i may not feel like writing i have a list of ideas to work off of.  Usually taking a break helps ideas to flow, sometimes simple ideas and everyday experiences can set an idea off in your head.

3. princess g profile image61
    princess gposted 6 years ago

When I can't think of something to write about, I just don't write. Sometimes just opening up a page and looking at it and thinking will help get the ideas flowing though.

4. Mavhe Quijada profile image57
    Mavhe Quijadaposted 6 years ago

When I find myself wanting to write but don't know what subject or topic to write about, I look at my surrounding. I look at what others are doing or even try to listen to some conversations which I found having sense, and try to start writing about those things.  Sometimes, I look at the newspaper and will try to find a word or group of words that I can start a topic with. Example, my article about breast cancer (which you can find here: http://mavhequijada.hubpages.com/hub/Br … to-Survive ). I was reading that time a newspaper and in the obituary, I saw someone who passed away because of it. I began researching about it and I wrote down all what I have learned and even my own knowledge about it.

Hope it helps.

5. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 6 years ago

Picking up a book and reading usually helps.

working