jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Which author/poet do you connect with?

1. sholland10 profile image92
    sholland10posted 6 years ago

Which author/poet do you connect with?

Genre? Style? Personal? Time and setting?  Why does this person's writings touch you?

2. Marlin 55 profile image75
    Marlin 55posted 6 years ago

I enjoy reading a lot of different authors, but my all time favorite is Mark Twain. I've read his books over and over and I still enjoy them as much as the first time I read them.

3. Tumbleweed Kate profile image58
    Tumbleweed Kateposted 6 years ago

Lately, I've been intrigued with the novels written by Lisa See. I've read "Snowflower and the Secret Fan" and "Shanghai Sisters." I'm not one to be drawn to novels, except when there is some historical information presented in the telling of the stories. This is the case for Lisa See's books. I learned a lot about China of yesterday, as well as some beliefs and customs that are present even in present day China and in many cases in the U.S. with Chinese who have moved here. I'll be reading all of Lisa See's novels and searching for similar authors so I can learn about different cultures and countries. Not every book would necessarily be about other countries, but as I said I aim to learn something when I read. None of those mushy romance novels for me:)

4. nancyme profile image58
    nancymeposted 6 years ago

I would say O Henry. I am a BIG fan of his works. I like his unexpected out-of-nowhere twists that keeps me chuckling at the end of a story. And they are really witty as well.

5. billybuc profile image87
    billybucposted 6 years ago

Author: Harper Lee....brilliance with a brevity of words.  Poet....Tennyson...Ulysses is beautiful and powerful and everything an epic poem should be.

6. savanahl profile image72
    savanahlposted 6 years ago

I love e.e. cummings, the way he stood out from his peers. I just love his poetry in general.

7. F5487laura profile image62
    F5487lauraposted 6 years ago

Emily Bronte, I feel like I had already read her poems when I discovered them, they seemed so familiar,