jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Have you written Flash fiction?

1. megni profile image60
    megniposted 6 years ago

Have you written Flash fiction?

I am anxious to learn how to write short fiction . Any pointers ?

2. ilyan profile image60
    ilyanposted 6 years ago

Please check out my latest book titled Out of the picture and Into the picture, ISBN 9780976800460. It contains two adventure fiction short stories totaling about 8,000 words.

http://ilyan.hubpages.com/hub/LDS-Fiction-Undiluted

3. profile image0
    The Writers Dogposted 6 years ago

Hi megni. I write mostly flash fiction pieces of exactly 50 words, not including the title. One of them is here on HP.

4. Hayley Richardson profile image81
    Hayley Richardsonposted 5 years ago

Yeah, I've written it but not good enough to publish it online.  I find it hard to work on anything less than about 5k, unless it's with characters I've already created, because I prefer character driven stories.  So maybe just try writing vignettes in a universe you've already created or work on scenes that at all action and no development.

5. Enlydia Listener profile image62
    Enlydia Listenerposted 5 years ago

I have written a few short stories for children, and one for adults, but don't feel I have any pointers.

6. Availiasvision profile image82
    Availiasvisionposted 3 years ago

I've been a student of short stories for almost a decade, but have just discovered this wonderful jewel of flash fiction.  I posted two of my pieces to Hubpages: EAST OF TECATE and THE CLEARING.   At this point, I;m not sure if I am "doing it right," if there are "rules."

Flash Fiction is such a fun concept.  It's quick to write and quick to read.  I'm a minimalist, so I appreciate how concise and to the the point they are.  One thing I try to accomplish with Flash Fiction is having the ending drive the point home, kind of like a M. Night Shamalan movie.

working