jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Does anyone know where I can go to get my books published?

1. selene383 profile image60
    selene383posted 6 years ago

Does anyone know where I can go to get my books published?

I have wrote several books and am currently trying to find a publisher. I would like to be able actually talk to this person before I trust them with a copy of even one of my books.

2. msorensson profile image72
    msorenssonposted 6 years ago

If you want to go the mass route..that is compete with all others there is a book for getting an agent..search google. You need an agent to go into the major publishing houses. It is not optional, unless you happen to be friends with one of the editors in that publishing house.
    If you want to self publish then there is Trafford Publishing and Brioprint.

3. profile image49
    nodietweightlossposted 6 years ago

If you are in Qld,  a publisher named John Schuurs  in Kippa Ring will publish and have your book printed in small print runs for a very reasonable price.
    He is a lovely man to deal with and you will find him most helpful

4. Khal Blogo profile image61
    Khal Blogoposted 6 years ago

Have you tried self-publishing? Amazon has some nice opportunities for that. Lulu.com is also good. More and more self-published books are becoming best-sellers, so you wouldn't be in some obscure niche or anything.

5. mistyhorizon2003 profile image95
    mistyhorizon2003posted 6 years ago

Try Amazon's CreateSpace for easy self publishing (in print). You can also eBook publish on Amazon Kindle and Smashwords etc. For first time authors Pegasus Elliot is good publisher (Vanguard Press) but with them to you have to make a contribution towards the print costs and promotional materials etc.

6. preacher2003 profile image58
    preacher2003posted 6 years ago

the best deal by far is west bow press a division of thomas nelson publishers - at least for Christian writers / authors

working