jump to last post 1-15 of 15 discussions (15 posts)

What room do you write in and is it the physical convenience or the comfort that

1. ytsenoh profile image84
    ytsenohposted 5 years ago

What room do you write in and is it the physical convenience or the comfort that draws you in there?

2. profile image0
    The Writers Dogposted 5 years ago

Being the only human in a two bedroom house, I have set my spare room up as my study. It is light and spacious, and looks out over my back garden. It is also on the side of the house away from the neighobours with the sreaming four year old, so it is reasonably quiet.

3. dmop profile image77
    dmopposted 5 years ago

Maybe it’s just the convenience of it being in the house, and it’s already warm and smells nice, but the laundry room has turned out to be a great place to write. It is at the back of the house, and is fairly quiet; I can hear the birds sing early in the morning, which is very inspiring. read more

4. enunnally profile image61
    enunnallyposted 5 years ago

Usually my bedroom, since it's the most private place and I have roommates!  If no one is around, I often find myself in the kitchen - I'm a snacking writer, so it makes the whole process easier.

5. loveofnight profile image80
    loveofnightposted 5 years ago

I prefere the bedroom.Everything that I need is in there.In my house it's like a bedroom/office.

6. Rosie writes profile image88
    Rosie writesposted 5 years ago

I write everywhere I go.  And I write on any scrap of paper I have with me.  My favorite place to write though, is outside where I can hear the birds and feel the breeze and the warmth of the sun.

7. Deepak Chaturvedi profile image72
    Deepak Chaturvediposted 5 years ago

wherever I find peace give preferance to bedroom.

8. joanwz profile image76
    joanwzposted 5 years ago

I have an office set up in my "formal living room" which is closed off from the rest of the house. I have doors that I can close and a big picture window. I can open the windows on nice days. I can open or close the blinds depending on whether I feel the need the visual stimulation. I like it because it is both comfortable and convenient.

9. Jyoti Patil profile image65
    Jyoti Patilposted 5 years ago

I write wherever I can!! i love writing in a balcony late nights. its the peace of mind that is required. No matter where i write.

10. profile image55
    kdawsonposted 5 years ago

I live a life dominated by two females, fem major (spouse) and fem minor (daughter) and so am banished to a small desk in the corner of the dining room.

11. kenneth avery profile image86
    kenneth averyposted 5 years ago

I write in a small corner of my third bedroom. A haven, of sorts, where the sun always pours in through the blinds and a quiet peace fills the space where my PC sits. It's not a convenience. Not the room that draws me, but the peace of the space.

12. JamaGenee profile image83
    JamaGeneeposted 5 years ago

I now live in a tiny 1 BR flat, alone, and my writing space is where the dining table and chairs would normally go.  It's close to the coffee pot, and from it I can also see the TV, although I usually don't have it on when I'm at the computer.

13. rlaha profile image68
    rlahaposted 5 years ago

I usually use the living room to write. It has become somewhat of a comfort zone for me and I feel I tend to get my best ideas there.  Good question!

14. gabrielthomas72 profile image75
    gabrielthomas72posted 5 years ago

In my living room or my kitchen. Would love to have a view for a bit of inspiration, but unfortunately don't have one.

15. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 5 years ago

I write in a room of our house which is the combination study, spare bedroom and my office. Normally, at least two or my three beagles are nearby, which is helpful, they are very good at spelling which is one of my weak subjects.

working