jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Why won't certain words stay underlined in my hub?

1. emilybee profile image87
    emilybeeposted 6 years ago

Why won't certain words stay underlined in my hub?

Would anyone know why every time I underline a certain phrase throughout a hub, (to be consistent throughout) and click save, and view it, it repeatedly will NOT be underlined? It's sporadic, and sometimes the word underlines fine, and then later in the same or different capsule it won't stay underlined.

2. Victoria Lynn profile image91
    Victoria Lynnposted 6 years ago

I have noticed that, too, emilybee. Try underlining and then getting off the word or phrase, then clicking again so that it's not highlighted anymore. I think that's what I did to make sure the word was underlined. I just remember that I had to be really deliberate about it because it wasn't working half the time. So, before you save it in the capsule, make sure the word/phrase is no longer highlighted in the hub. Does that make sense? Try it. See if it works. I may be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure that's what I did.

3. emilybee profile image87
    emilybeeposted 6 years ago

Ugh, Thank you for your answer, Victoria, I think it is just  being stubborn, I'll try again later. Some reason though I don't think it's worth it- spending all this time on a silly little underlined word :-)

4. J.S.Matthew profile image83
    J.S.Matthewposted 5 years ago

Something I have noticed regarding this phenomenon is that it depends on what format you are using while writing text. If you use "paragraph" in the text editing capsule you can underline. When using "Headings" I have noticed that sometimes it won't underline when you save. I suggest trying a different text format and see if it resolves the problem!

Hope this is useful!