jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Have you published an ebook yet?

1. xstatic profile image60
    xstaticposted 5 years ago

Have you published an ebook yet?

I just read an interesting Hub by whowas on self-publishing, and have run across a few Hubbers who refer to their ebooks in profiles. Was the process worthwhile in your opinion?
    Was it successful? What steps did you take to market it?

2. neildabb profile image75
    neildabbposted 5 years ago

Yes, I recently published an ebook at Smashwords.com called 'The Blind Blacksmith'

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/134691

The publishing process itself was fairly straightforward but I'm still struggling to figure out the marketing element of the equation.

3. Trinity M profile image85
    Trinity Mposted 5 years ago

Yes I have published 9 e-books so far. It is quite a challenging process and I must admit not as easy as people make it out to be. Before I wrote and published my own e-books I heard from other people how easy it is, “Just write about what you know, publish and you’ll be rolling in the money”. NOT true. It’s hard work and you have to promote and market your work even harder than writing a hub.

4. Rebecca2904 profile image76
    Rebecca2904posted 5 years ago

My boyfriend has a fairly successful travel website about Munich and Bavaria and he's recently published his first e-book. I think if you write quite often, if not exclusively, on the same subject then writing an e-book, although time-consuming, is not too difficult as you've already done a lot of the research. On the same note, you'll probably have built up a base of loyal readers if you're providing comprehensive information on one subject.

5. swarren22 profile image74
    swarren22posted 5 years ago

I created an ebook called the Best iPad Guide. It published it in clickbank and it is available at www.bestipadguide.com. I am making money so it is worth it.

6. drsohel profile image76
    drsohelposted 5 years ago

I haven't yet published but I wish to publish one as soon as possible. Referring from hubpages is not bad. If you can provide value, it'll be successful, at least I believe it. But the process needs a lot of works.

working