jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Can I post chapters of a novel I am writing?

1. Kevina Oyatedor profile image68
    Kevina Oyatedorposted 4 years ago

Can I post chapters of a novel I am writing?

Its on another website readwave,com, but I wanted to share it on hubpages as well.

2. Laura Schneider profile image92
    Laura Schneiderposted 4 years ago

I don't think they'll let you multiple post content; I'm pretty sure that's a serious violation of the rules.

I'm shocked that you'd want to pre-publish, though, in any case: putting draft work out there precludes you from freely adding in the details you'd want to flesh out the story further. For example, maybe you decide you need to add/remove a character in an earlier-written chapter so it can play a major part in a later chapter. Maybe it's imperative in chapter 9 that in chapter 2 someone packs a blue hat in their suitcase for some journey, for example...

Pre-publishing takes away your ability to readily go back and change details and forces you to write only linearly, doesn't it? I don't know that I've even heard of a published author that would pre-publish part of their work for those reasons, even a nonfiction author.

3. ashelladyhawke profile image68
    ashelladyhawkeposted 4 years ago

I've seen people do it. You should be able to do it too. Just make sure work is copyrighted unto yourself na dyou shouldn't have a problem.

4. duffsmom profile image62
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

You cannot anything here that is posted elsewhere. They will remove it tagging it as duplicate content. You can do it if this is the only website the content is on.