jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Is there a way to check for duplicates around the web before you publish your hu

1. MrWhoIamorwhatevs profile image88
    MrWhoIamorwhatevsposted 3 years ago

Is there a way to check for duplicates around the web before you publish your hub?

You know while you're still editing it? I'm planning to publish a hub but I fear it may contain duplicate contents around the web and I don't want to receive a duplicate notice or violation this early.

Thanks.

2. profile image0
    temptor94posted 3 years ago

Yes you can run your entire article through anti-plagiarism tools. There are many free websites that offer this facility. Here are some free tools which I have found useful:

1. smallseotools -> plagiarism checker - This one's my favorite as it does a very thorough search. It compares every sentence and combination of multiple sentences to check for duplicate contents across the web. If found, that sentence is marked in red with a link to the content that is already existing. It also gives the word count. No sign-up is needed.

2. Duplichecker - This one allows you to copy-paste the article into a textbox or provide a link to your article. It highlights any duplicate text found. Signing up allows more number of checks per day than normal use.

3. Copyscape - This allows you to add a link to your article. I have not used it personally but have read great reviews about it.

1. MrWhoIamorwhatevs profile image88
      MrWhoIamorwhatevsposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks! I used the first one and it said I currently have 96% original content.

2. profile image0
      temptor94posted 3 years agoin reply to this

That's great, 96% is a good figure for a first run. What I usually do is reword such sentences till it gets a 100%.

3. marilyncasandra profile image61
    marilyncasandraposted 3 years ago

There are lots of tools in the web that you can check for plagiarism.If you dont want to download the software , most of which comes free, you can always check for plagiarism online

working