This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Sad ending (specially of books) depresses me a-lot. What should I do?

1. Nigham AFZAL profile image74
    Nigham AFZALposted 3 years ago

Sad ending (specially of  books) depresses me a-lot. What should I do?

Sad ending makes me sad for days.  I cannot read a book...picking it randomly, without reading it's review or synopsis or asking someone who has already read it, "Tell me if it's not a happy ending book".  What should I do?

2. peachpurple profile image83
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

look at the titles. If the titles are sad, avoid it. Furthermore the book frontpage picture shows it all too. Otherwise, get ready a box of tissue paper.

Nigham AFZALposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Haha! Actually I'm preparing myself to read stuff like that, otherwise I'm gonna miss some great hits. smile

3. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

Get over it! Your life goes on after you have read the final page.
    Reading a book or watching a movie is akin to voyeurism.
    You're watching a world that was created to tell a story. It's not (your) world and therefore you should keep things in perspective. It's all about temporarily escaping from your own reality for a little while.

Nigham AFZALposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for the superb advice, dashingscorpio.  smile

working