jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

Writers, how would you feel about the quality of work your content shares space

1. Kylyssa profile image98
    Kylyssaposted 2 years ago

Writers, how would you feel about the quality of work your content shares space with on a new site?

This is not a question about HubPages, but about writing websites in general. Please note I deleted a similar question because people were answering it as if it said HubPages, making the data irrelevant to my research needs. I'm trying to determine what things are important to online writers and why, not what the political climate and morale are like on HP.

All other things being equal, if you were choosing between two different writing websites one of which had strong quality standards well-applied to existing material and one of which did not, which would you prefer to write on and why?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12610241_f260.jpg

2. Niecey Doc profile image77
    Niecey Docposted 2 years ago

I'd prefer the former. Why? Firstly to help keep me from getting sloppy, so I can build a good portfolio of quality writing. Also, it is helpful to know the boundaries instead of working on too broad of a blank canvas. Plus I feel more satisfied in myself supporting and working in cahoots with a company who is not contributing to more junk on the Internet.

Kylyssaposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for your concise and thoughtful answer.

3. dudefromafrica profile image60
    dudefromafricaposted 2 years ago

When you say writer do you mean professional writer. If so disregard my input.
    I would take my content to where it would most likely be seen and read. For example, it does not matter the quality of the writing on the website, or mine for that matter, I will not put my content where people have to pay to be able to see.
    The answer is different for writers who invest big time and effort into their content.

I mean any writer. Imagine both sites are perfectly equal aside from the quality of content, they get the same traffic, ads, and so on. If you could choose just one of them, which would you choose?

2. dudefromafrica profile image60
      dudefromafricaposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Bad quality website. Good quality shines among the bad.

3. Kylyssa profile image98

Thank you for your answer and explanation.

4. lotusb34 profile image60
    lotusb34posted 2 years ago

Personally I'm not particular about what kind of writing my writing shares space with. The bottom line is that good writing gets noticed where not such good writing does not. There are plenty of writers that can write circles around me. I don't care I just want to write and share it with people.

So you'd pick randomly between the two, having no preference between the site with quality standards and the one without, all other aspects of the two sites being equal?

2. lotusb34 profile image60
      lotusb34posted 2 years agoin reply to this

No I suppose I wouldn't. I'd prefer the site with quality. I guess I miss understood the question. Sorry

3. Kylyssa profile image98

Thank you for your answer. I'm hunting out an assortment of factors and conditions that seem small, possibly even unimportant, yet most writers would want them if they had the choice.

working