jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

What is life?

1. Sam Rhodes profile image60
    Sam Rhodesposted 6 months ago

What is life?

2. lisavollrath profile image97
    lisavollrathposted 6 months ago

I typed "what is life" into the search box on HubPages, and came up with over 2,500 results: https://hubpages.com/search/?s=%22what+is+life%22

Please be sure the questions you are posting in this section haven't already been asked and answered thousands of times.

Sam Rhodesposted 6 months agoin reply to this

I do agree that in the present era it must be among the most common questions ever asked but isnt it funny that this is the only question which our hearts ask us a thousand times throughout the day? Time wil pass but nothing can ever satisfy a heart.

3. ptosis profile image72
    ptosisposted 6 months ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13732619_f260.jpg

Life -  is a cage of empty words - Edward the Hamster

Life is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable because all you get back is another box of chocolates. So you're stuck with this undefinable whipped mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while there's a peanut butter cup or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast and the taste is... fleeting. So, you end up with nothing but broken bits filled with hardened jelly and teeth-shattering nuts. And if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you got left is an empty box filled with useless brown paper wrappers.
    -The Cigarette Smoking Man

Sam Rhodesposted 6 months agoin reply to this

I agree but isnt it that sometimes life is also a mug full of black coffee which not only looks black but also tastes bitter?
      There are 2 sides to everything so how to explain the bitter side of it?

working