- Books, Literature, and Writing
2017 is a Very Good Year
2017 has started to be a very good year for our country and for me personally. It has only been 3 months but I am hoping it continues. This is the year of the rooster in Chinese Calendar.
Rooster is almost the epitome of fidelity and punctuality. For ancestors who had no alarm clocks, the crowing was significant, as it could awaken people to get up and start to work. In Chinese culture, another symbolic meaning of chicken carries is exorcising evil spirits.
- Apr. 2017
Here are a few observations:
- The stock market has risen almost 7 percent since the beginning of the year.
- The outlook for jobs, especially high paying jobs in manufacturing is improved.
- The coal energy industry is revived and will help many people distressed.
- The housing market is improving with more houses changing hands and new constructions.
- The interest rate is finally rising though slowly. This will help people who are savers and investors. It will hurt people who are borrowers.
- The world is a little safer with increased military engagement overseas.
- Consumer confidence level is highest since 2000.
On a personal level:
- My retirement savings has increased in value by 6%.
- I have a few reunions with people I have not been in touch for many years.
- People I know who were out of work for a while have landed a great job.
- I am attending a wedding in June, my cousin's daughter is getting married.
- I am reaching new milestones writing on HubPages.
- Dow hits 21000 on 4/25
- Trump is ending Common Core
- Trump is cutting budget of the EPA
It is still early in the year. However, the sentiment around me is looking up. After years of stalemate, our country seems to be moving again. More jobs and hiring. The assault on fossil fuel and coal seems to be easing. Even illegal immigration has slowed with just the talk of building a wall and cracking down on criminal aliens. We are respected again around the world when we take decisive action against a tyrant like Assad. The only people sad theses days seems to be the main street media and Hollywood entertainers.
Just found this campaign button of Ronald Reagan in 1980. Deja vu!
Some Related Info
- New Financial Strategy for 2017
Financial advice for retirees and for anyone.
- Image Technologies Group Members
A short biography of members of the Image Technologies Group - IBM Research.
- 2017, A Year of Reunions
This year has turned out to be a year full of reunions.
- ADP Employment Reports | Home
- Another Milestone on HubPages
My first payout on HubPages.
© 2017 Jack Lee