4 Things You Didn't Know Rubber Could Clean!
There are many things you can clean with rubber. I have listed a few. How many of these items do you clean using rubber? Cleaning your home is easier and quicker than ever before. This article will walk you through the Items to clean and how to clean them. When you finish reading and cleaning the items in your home, leave comment below and let me know how it went. Grab the cleaning supplies listed below and lets get cleaning.
Cleaning Around Your Home
Do you know, that some items once thought to be hard to clean aren't?
Here is the list of items you need to clean, microfiber, crushed velvet, tapestry seats and rubberized fabric floor mats:
- A vacuum, with the attachments you use for furniture.
- A small rubber broom made to hold in your hand, and it has little nubby ends on it.
- Rubber gloves, like the ones you wear for cleaning.
- Running shoes, clean with non-marking soles. Preferably ones in your children's size.
- A scrub brush, like one some use for cleaning floors. Make sure it is a hard bristle brush.
- The spray cleaner from the recipe on listed on this page.
- A white clean cloth or paper towel. If you don't have a colorfast fabric, use a paper towel. I prefer to use cloth. It makes less, waste in our landfill.
This means the color from the cloth you're using won't bleed colour,
Into the fabric you are trying to clean.
Cleaning Crushed Velvet
#1 Cleaning Micro Fiber & Crushed Velvet with Rubber Gloves
Start by vacuuming the entire chair or couch with furniture attachment. It's the long narrow one.
Put on your clean rubber gloves and wipe the surface in one direction. The Rubber in the glove balls up the pet hair, human hair and lint, allowing you to pick it up easier. If your furniture also has a few stains use the spray cleaner above to spray the area. Then gently move in a small circular motion. Do not rub too hard. The peroxide allows the removed stain to dry without leaving water marks. If the stain is bad, spray again. Then blot not rub. Remember to use a white, or cleaning cloth. You can also set something like a couple of books on top of the cloth and let it sit. Then soak up, all the cleaner and let dry. You can do a spot test in a hidden area you're not sure about doing this. I use it on my crushed velvet chair, and it works. The pictures of the chair are before and after cleaning with the rubber gloves. Micro Fiber
- 1 Average size Spray bottle
- 2/3 of Bottle Warm water, Pour in
- 1/3 Hydrogen peroxide, Add to water
- 2 Drops, small squirt of Thieves dish soap, Add to the spray bottle
- Put the spray top on and gently rock back and forth. After you remove pet hair and lint from the micro fiber chair or couch, you are ready to remove stains. Spray the cushions or seat and back area.
- This formulation also works for crushed velvet, tapestry fabric furniture, and rubberized floor mats. More details are provided, under the picture of each item you will be cleaning.
Yucky Dirty Mat
#2 Kids Can Clean Too
Has your child put on their runners? No, we aren't going for a run. We are cleaning the indoor, outdoor, entrance mat. Cleaning is quick and easy. Have them stand sideways to the mat and have them drag their foot across the carpet. This whole mat takes less than 10min to clean. The side or edge of the runner causes friction, allowing the hair and debris to ball up. If you don't want to use a running shoe you can use a I have used both and love the result of each. You can make it even quicker by taking the mat outside and shaking it off first. To remove more stuck on grime use the scrub brush. If you have already had rain and mud, then give it a wash and a scrub outside and hang to dry. The solution above can be used, for this type of mat. When dry bring back inside, and then you're done. Your company will never know you have pets. Woo hoo! rubber broom.
Did You Know?
Rubber Products Can Be Used To Clean Your Home?
#3 Cleaning the Bathroom Mat
These bathroom mats can be easily thrown into the washing machine to clean. But if you have company coming over and no time, do this.
- Take it outside and give it a shake.
- Lay it back on the floor and clean with the rubber glove, hold one edge and swipe across like you did for the chair.
- For any stains just spray and blot, and let dry. Or refresh by hanging out on the clothesline.
- The second photo shows why you shouldn't put it in the dryer.
- If the rubber backing is worn out, Don't throw it out!
- You can purchase a rubber liner from the dollar store and cut to fit. Lay it on the floor before you put the mat back and you're done.
- Bathmats without a rubber backing can also be cleaned this way. Or you can use a liner to stop it from moving.
- Rubber can be used for so many things!
Rubber To The Rescue!
The pet hair, lint nightmare Is no more!
Clean Fabric Chairs
#4 Cleaning Tapestry, Fabric Seats
Now, last but not least lets clean the dining room seats and frames. Start by using the rubber glove you used for the other chair above. A nubby rubber brush can also be used, for this fabric. Use the same swipe motion to clean. Then use the spray as above to clean any stains. The cleaner is refreshing and makes the room smell like spring. Use the cleaning cloth and wipe down the wood and metal frame. No matter what your chair fabric is, this cleaner is non-toxic and safe for a lot of surfaces. Clean your table frame as well, since you're already cleaning the seats.
Clean More With Rubber
Rough Coated Decks
Clean with rubber gloves to remove hair and lint
Wipe with rubber glove
Use the rubber broom
Wipe down with non toxic cleaner
Then clean with non toxic cleaner
Makes cleaning easy
It will inhibit dust and hair longer then regular cleaner
This will keep hair and dust off longer
Sweep like you always do, the broom attracts dirt and small rocks
Cleaning With Rubber Is Done
Now that you are done cleaning all these items with rubber, what do think? The hair and lint is gone. Fabrics look like new. All the matts in the home are ready for your guests. Your thought to be worn out matt is refreshed and ready to use again. People will never know you have pets.
From my house to yours: Freshen up, clean and renew. It's the best way to be.
© 2017 Terrie Lynn