All the Awesome Benefits of Lemons
Lemons - The Powerhouse Fruit
Packed with essential vitamins and minerals, lemons are truly a low-calorie power-fruit. Antioxidant, free radical scavenger, anti-inflammatory, low glycemic, excellent source of vitamin C (one lemon contains 88% of daily value), lemon helps reduce the risk for cancers, many chronic diseases like arthritis, obesity and coronary heart conditions.
Lemon - Beauty Uses
Before using lemon juice on your skin, test it on a small patch to make sure it does not irritate, or dilute the lemon juice with water. Avoid exposure to sunlight with lemon juice on your skin as this will make your skin more prone to sunburn and the resulting damage that can occur.
1. Diminishes the appearance of age spots.
2. Natural antibacterial and antifungal properties heal acne and blackheads.
3. Prevents oily skin.
4. Whitens and straightens yellowing nails.
5. Removes dead skin on chapped lips (leave on overnight).
6. Gentle skin exfoliator.
7. Effectively lightens the freckle marks and brightens skin color.
8. Magical knees, elbows and armpits bleacher.
9. Freshens breath.
Lemon Water - Health Benefits
Take a glass of lukewarm water and add 1 squeezed lemon to it. Drink it every morning before breakfast. Don't use the bottled lemon juice: buy a bag of lemons, make sure to wash every lemon very well and use one lemon every day. The benefits of doing so are as follow:
10. Rich in vitamin C, it protects the body against immune deficiencies.
11. Balances the PH in the body.
12. Flushes out toxins by stimulating the liver.
13. Has 88% of DV of vitamin C, which is very important on stressful days.
14. Rich in potassium, calcium, phosphorus and magnesium - benefits the heart, brain and nerve function.
15. Helps digestion and fights constipation.
16. Helps with weight loss. Pectin fights hunger cravings.
17. Decreases acidity in the body and reduces inflammation, especial the inflammation of joints.
18. Fights sore throats and viral infections.
19. Lemon improves mental health by reducing anxiety and depression.
20. Relieves heartburn, bloating and burping.
21. Maintains the health of the eyes.
22. Controls high blood pressure.
23. Acts as blood purifier.
24. Enhances the mood and energizes
25. Gentle and natural diuretic.
Lemon - Household Uses
26. Cut a lemon in half and leave it the fridge to freshen it.
27. Refresh cutting boards by rubbing it with lemon juice.
28. Keep insects out of your house: pour lemon juice on windowsills, holes and cracks.
29. Wash fruits and vegetables in lemon water to remove pesticides.
30. Deodorize the garbage can by tossing some lemon peels on the bottom.
31. Humidify/freshen a room by placing on the stove a pot of water with lemon/lime/orange slices in it. Simmer on low.
32. Bust laundry detergent. Add 1 tbsp of lemon juice to the wash cycle.
33. Sweat, mildew, berries, wine, oil – pretty much any substance that leaves a stain on fabric can be removed with lemon juice.
34. Prevents potatoes, cauliflower and guacamole to turn brown. Just squeeze a little lemon juice - and problem solved.
35.Cleans discolored utensils/silverware.
36. Removes fish and onion smell of germ-y hands.
37. Deodorize the garbage disposal by running lemon peels through it.
38. Effectively cleans cloudy coffee pots, pitchers, or decanters.
39. Use as air freshener in the bathroom:cut a lemon in half and place it with the half up.
40. Make an all-purpose cleaning solution: combine lemon juice, vinegar and water in a spray bottle.
Lemon has a vast array of benefits: from beauty, to health, to your kitchen - this super fruit takes on any job and tackles it with success.
When life gives you lemons - put them in your fridge! You will definitely need one or two later!