7 Ways to Use Fresh Hosta Leafs for Your Summer Entertaining
Hosta plants add lush and beauty to any home-grown garden. They are one of the easiest perennial plants to grow and maintain. The best part of having hostas in your garden is that once you plant your initial few, they multiply like rabbits every year (with your help of splitting them, of course). While these facts about hostas may not surprise you, you may be delightfully enlightened to know that they are versatile beyond any garden. Here are 7 ways you can use your fresh cut hosta leaves for any home entertaining you’ve planned for this summer.
- Decorate your candle holders. Adorn your candle holders with leaves of fresh hostas. Simply dab a few drops of the Oasis Floral Adhesive on the outside of any glass candle holder to add a bit of flair to your outdoor lighting.
- Use them in fresh flower arrangements. No party table is complete without centerpieces. Try arranging these leaves alone for a minimal look or adding them to any fresh floral design for a wow factor.
- Use as a charger or placemat. For your next garden party, consider using fresh hosta leaves underneath your china to add natural beauty to your place settings.
- Use as a coaster. Those tall glasses of ice cold lemonade or water would look great resting on these coasters made from nature.
- Garnish your appetizers. Plate your appetizers and other small bites on fresh hosta leaves to add a bit of green décor and to soak up any grease from these finger foods.
- Dress up your cocktail. Wrap a fresh hosta leaf around your cocktail glasses for a beautiful tropical look. You’ll instantly transport yourself to a faraway island hideaway.
- Dress yourself! Make a fun garden skirt with fresh hosta leaves coupled with any large leaves you find in your garden. You will be sure to impress your guests!