A Practical Bathroom Remodel Guide
Why Remodel my Bathroom?
The bathroom is one of the most utilised rooms in your whole house. This practical bathroom remodel guide will help you get the most out of the space you have and increase the value of your property. By remodelling you get to invent an entire new space that is line with your taste and personality.
If you are a high flying young city executive then a stylish and sleek practical bathroom with all the mod cons will suit you, but if you are a newly married couple a romantic Jacuzzi bath with soft warm lighting will be more down your alley. That;s the beauty of remodelling your bathroom you get to chose.
This coupled with the fact that the majority of developers design a bathroom using cost efficiency rather than quality and taste, makes it a likely improvement project high on your list.
Professional Clean Crisp Bathroom
Bathroom remodel guide
Planning is vital to make a detailed and accurate plan or blue print with consultation of a architect or bathroom remodelling consultant. This is needed to minimise unexpected expenses and get the bathroom you dream of, these are the vital elements of a bathroom remodelling plan:
1. Be creative, bathrooms are usually small so you need to utilise the space well to ensure you integrate all the essentials.
2. Make the most of artificial lighting if the window is small think about making it larger or installing a skylight.
3. Choose appropriate lighting based on natural light and feel, if you have no windows think about downlighting with spots. If you have plenty then use lighting in the walls and bathtub to for striking effects.
4. Think about the way fixtures and fittings will cast shadows, you want to avoid drawing attention away from your beautiful room. Amplify the light by using mirrors and other reflective surfaces such as chrome to make the room seem brighter and more appealing.
5. Space dependent pick a shower or bathtub which suits your needs, a cast iron claw bathtub is not going to be good in a 4ft x 5ft city bathroom, but would be perfect in a cosy country cottage. So pick based on personal preference and desired affect.
Bathroom Remodelling Tips
6. If you are going to divide the space, for instance the toilet and washing areas, use glass! Opaque materials make the room feel boxed and enclosing, A nice frosted glass is perfect and looks very classy.
7. Choose the fixtures and Fittings, these need to go with the bathtub or shower and go for striking and angular shapes tor class, or curvaceous and rounded for that little love nest.
8. Pick tiling especially that on the floor as this sets the tone for the entire room, so no pressure but go with what you like, a dynamic pattern or deep wall colour can make all the difference when you remodel your bathroom
9. With Colourings go with either cool and light shades in small bathrooms as these make rooms feel more airy. But if space is not a problem go for impact make it bold and contrasting. Use colour to accentuate those beautiful fixtures you have chosen.
10. Warmth, bathrooms can be cold and you have designed this lovely room you don't want a horrible white radiator, maybe you have a heated towel rack which doubles up as heating for the room. Or you could go that whole hog and go for underfloor heating to keep those tootsies warm.
Luxury Bathroom Remodels
Add a little luxury during your bathroom remodel
So they are your basics what if you want to go the whole hog and add even more luxury. Well here is a couple of ideas:
Steam – Being able to have a blanket of steam is so rejuvenating, especially in your own home. You can preset the steam temperature and duration for you comfort and preferable experience.
Two way TV mirror – This cool new luxury will allow you to take any plasma or LCD and build it into a recess in the wall, place the elegant framed two way mirror in front of it and hey presto a protected and stylish bathroom TV. When the TV is off, it is a mirror and no one will know it's there but for those three hour bathtub soaks why not enjoy a bit of TV and a glass of wine.
Once you have decided on the plan with the architect or bathroom modelling consultant and created the plan, bring in the building contractors and hey presto, you have a new bathroom to be proud of one where you can relax and unwind. Enjoy