- Home Furnishings
Aerobed - The best airbeds for camping, guest beds or even as a permanent bed
Aerobeds in action
Aerobeds come in a range of styles and sizes
Aerobed airbeds reviewed
One thing that puts a lot of people off taking camping trips is the thought that they will not get a good night's sleep. When you start camping you might be reluctant to spend too much on buying all the equipment you might need in case you don't enjoy the trip and you've wasted a lot of money on buying the gear.
It is wise to invest in good quality beds and sleeping bags and a waterproof tent. If you do have an uncomfortable night, you will remember this as a huge part of your camping trip that put you off.
When you are considering campbeds, bear in mind both the floor space and the height available in your tent and the number of people in your camping party. You also need to consider the space in the car. Campbeds with steel or metal frames can be comfy, and being raised off the ground makes them warmer, but if you're trying to squeeze them into dome tents, you may find that the corners of your metal frame are threatening to tear the tent.
Airbeds are convenient because they are relatively cheap, they are compact when folded and they squeeze into the corners of your tent without risking tears.
I have tried a number of airbeds and the ones that I definitely recommend are those from Aerobed. They are slightly more expensive than more basic airbeds on the market, but in my experience, you get what you pay for with these products.
I have used a king size raised Aerobed as a permanent bed for a number of months and it has been as comfortable as my regular bed (the raised Aerobeds are the same height as a normal divan bed). They make excellent guest beds that can easily be stored away when not in use.
Aerobeds are my favourite for a number of reasons:
- They are made of heavy duty vinyl that will withstand exposure to rough handling, making them long-lasting.
- They use inflatable coil technology so that the air doesn't get pushed to the edges of the bed under the weight of your body, and so supports your spine during the night.
- They have a special valve technology that seals the air in and stops it escaping during the night.
- They come with a built-in electric pump for rapid, easy inflation and the bed will be fully inflated in a matter of minutes.
- The patented quick-release valve means that the bed is deflated in a matter of seconds.
- The seams are electronically welded to stop them splitting and to prevent air leaks.
- They have a comfort control mechanism so that you can quickly adjust the air pressure of the bed at the touch of a button.
- They are supplied with generous sized storage bags so that you can easily put them away.
- They come in a range of sizes (single/queen/double/king) and heights, and a range of prices to suit your budget.
- They undergo rigorous testing procedures at the factory to ensure the quality standards of each bed sold are maintained.
I don't hesitate to recommend any of the beds in the Aerobed range either for camping trips or guest beds.