6 Tips To Sell Your House Fast
DAY 29, HUB # 29
Old house for sale?
When was the last time you had your house painted?
Congratulations! You have bought a new house, moved into the new comfy home, in a brand new residential area.
Now, what about the previous house that you had left vacant? Are you planning to rent it out or put it on sale?
Regardless of whichever decision you had made, I am sure that you are eager to see some activities going on at the old house and earn some money as soon as possible instead of leaving it vacant feeding on the dust and termites, unless you are loaded with cash !
What Makes My House Looks Old?
Majority old house is at least 10 years old or even older, certainly gives all the disadvantage appearances which would ruin your chances of striking a good deal and the worst scenario would be not getting a single call from any buyers at all.
The old house may appear rundown due to the faint paintings on the exterior walls, dirty and dusty roof tops and overgrown grass or unattended plants that are tall enough to breed some snakes or critters which no doubt would definitely put off your money tree from knocking on your door.
How to Make a Quick Sale?
Therefore, in order to attract some potential or prospective buyers to purchase your old house at the shortest time and make a quick sale, consider taking these quick upgrade tips to help you sell your house.
Learn from these experts and tactful upgrading tips which are recommended by contractors and real estate agents that will leave a positive strong impression of your old house and strike a good deal at a better price with little expenditure involved.
6 Ugrade Tips To Sell Your House Fast
- Polish The Front Door
- Give the front door a new polished look by applying two coats of satin finish paint which could enhance the front door appearance.
- Do not use bright colors or solid color paint on the front door as it will induce the door look too dull and the glossy color is too shiny that may trigger detestable impression towards the prospective buyers.
- Purchase satin finish paint at offered price during warehouse sale or big sale.
- A bucket of satin finish paint will stay in good condition at least 6 months if it is not open at all.
- Hence, do not wait until critical time to make your purchase because you will be forking out more cash on “no big sale” days.
2. Clean The Floor
- Everyone hates dirty floor, so does the prospective buyer. You don’t have to mop the floor as more buyers will be dropping by to view your old house and be sure that little kids will be tagging along with the parents.
- Do not leave the rubbish scatter all over the floor or don’t think about taking the short cut by shoving the rubbish into the corner of the wall.
- Bring along a good broom to clean up the floor by sweeping away the dust and dirt after you have discard all the rubbish into a big trash bag.
- Ensure there aren't any dead insects such as cockroaches lying on the floor which may leave an impression that your house had been left vacant for a long period of time.
- The disadvantage is; the older the house is , more fixtures and upgrading to be done, which may result to buyer try to negotiate for a lower price in order to cut cost.
3. Wash and fix the bathroom
- The most filthy room among the house would be the bathroom where germs and bacteria are stained on both walls and floor for decades.
- Give a good wash on the bathroom walls and floor. It doesn't matter if you are reluctant or lazy to scrub stubborn stains.
- Do focus on the toilet bowl. Clean the toilet bowl thoroughly.
- Ensure that the flush handle is functional.
- Do not leave any stools or urine in the toilet bowl as it will develop unbearable stench and germs that will definitely scare away your prospective buyer when he accidentally lifts up the toilet seat.
- Wash the sink and fix the sink fixtures if they are loose, broken or leaking with cheap faucet and PVC sink pipes that are easily bought from hardware stores.
- In order to boost your bathroom, install an inexpensive shower head that has various adjustments to choose from.
4. Give a fresh coat of paint on the walls
- Worn out and peeling paints may give your prospective buyer a false impression that your house looks older than it should be.
- You don’t have to purchase famous branded paints that claimed to provide various benefits and abilities which sound so amazing.
- Look for a good bargain at your local paint shops or hardware stores for inexpensive, bulk of big pail solid color paints.
- Consider buying a color that everyone could accept, not the color that you fancied.
- Choose the colors ranging from white, beige, cream or light yellow to brighten up your old house.
- Give a fresh coat of paint on the interior and exterior walls that naturally gives your prospective buyer a good impression.
- He may think that your house is still new, worth to purchase as he gets to save painting expenses, labor fee, produce a better chance for you to seek a higher selling price and probably a quicker way to help you close the deal faster than you expected.
5. Keep the Garden Short and Clean
Yes, another noticeable disadvantage of an old house, tall overgrown grass that invites snakes and crawlers to stay with you.
- Majority buyers will take note of the front garden that signifies how long your old house had been left vacant, especially when the unattended plants, grass and lifeless decorative trees are tall, overgrown to the extent of disturbing the neighbor’s private space.
- Obviously, the house had been vacant more than a year or so.
- Choose a nice weather to work on the garden.
- Keep the garden grass short and clean up the unwanted plants by removing the roots to avoid any possibilities of growing on its own.
- Discard all the garden dead plants, trimmed grasses into a big trash bag and send them away to the nearest dump place.
- If you have a big garden that could occupy 3 saloon cars, you need a lawn mower to do a good job.
- Alternatively, you could hire a roadside grass cutter or odd job worker at a small fee to cut the grass for you.
- Nevertheless, a small garden should not pose a hindrance for you and your “Free labor” family member or spouse.
- Purchase a pair of grass shears or grass trimmers and 2 pairs of gardening gloves to protect your hands from cuts and bruises.
- Give your garden a fresh look and do not be surprised that gardening chores benefit both of you by burning up some calories in the fastest and easiest way.
6. Upgrade the Kitchen Cabinet
Just as you might suspect, there is more damages done to the kitchen cabinet since mom had been using it everyday for the years, supply her daily kitchen needs and the excess water that you can’t figure out how it got there, constantly left on the kitchen cabinet table tops.
It is time to upgrade your kitchen cabinet.
- Check out the door hinges, cabinet knobs and drawer handles whether they are loose, missing or rusty.
- Replace them with new pulls and knobs which you can buy approximately below $10 at budget stores, your local hardware shop or even hypermarket.
- Usually, these kitchen cabinet accessories come in beautiful designs, exotic patterns, dark or glossy painted colors and mostly are made from PVC, plastic or acrylic.
- They are easy to fix on with the aid of an old screwdriver and some screws which are supplied together with the purchase.
- Besides that, consider giving your dull laminated bench tops or table tops with a buff of nonabrasive scrubbing pad, nonabrasive cleaner solution which does not contain acidic substance.
- If the bench tops damage is noticeable, remove the damaged part and install a butcher block to replace the empty space.
© 2012 peachy