- Kitchen Electronics
Delonghi EC702 15- Bar Pump Espresso Maker Stainless
Delonghi EC702 15- Bar Pump Espresso Maker Stainless Review
If you're in the market for an Espresso maker, the Delonghi EC702 15- bar pump Espresso Maker Stainless is definitely one to consider.
This compact machine, made of stainless steel and measuring 11.25 x 8.19 x 12.5 inches can serve up high quality, great tasting beverages comparable to the likes of espressos and cappuccinos served at professional coffee houses.
The machine itself consists of a few parts assembled together, providing a Barista experience in the home environment.
It consists of an aluminum filter which offers the option of single versus double espresso, stainless steel baskets which can accommodate different coffee preparations, a mobile steam lever, built in tamper and a large drip tray which is always an asset.
Delonghi EC702 Demo
The Delonghi EC702 15 bar pump espresso maker has a stainless steel and grey plastic casing, which makes it sleek, durable and easy to clean, owing to the fact that the components can be easily dismantled.
- For example, the tip of the frother can be removed with just one tug allowing for immediate clean up.
- Also the water tank can be remove from the machine for easy refill and holds a capacity of forty-four ounces.
- The drip tray is wide and spacious, and can be easily plucked from the machine when dirty. In addition to easy clean up, the machine is easy to use, featuring a simple layout and indicator lights, making it perfect for an entry level coffee connoisseur.
Furthermore, it contains two separate thermostats, one for the water tank and one for the milk steamer ensuring that all components are at the right temperature to make a perfect cup of coffee.
But that’s not all. The Delonghi EC702 Espresso Maker also has some special assets which are unlike any other.
- In addition, it caters to a wide variety of coffee drinkers since it is able to accommodate both ground coffees which may be used by the more experienced user as well as coffee pods which are more practical and convenient for those on the go.
- It also has another patented feature, the 'Cappuccino System' frother which in layman terms is basically a chamber which allows for the steaming and mixing of water and milk together, producing a rich creamy froth, giving drinks that extra hint of decadence.
Features You Should Be Aware Of
Furthermore, the machine comes with a unique self-priming option, which means that the user doesn't have to wait hours for the machine to warm up.
- This option enables the element and the boiler to reach the correct temperatures required in a timely manner.
- The manual states that the average time can be up to fifteen minutes. However, previous customers have reported that they were able to get excellent outcomes from their machine with a warm up time of about three minutes.
- Lastly, the Delonghi EC702 Espresso Maker features a warming tray upon which one’s glasses can be placed so that any time becomes the right time to enjoy a hot beverage, making this extremely useful especially in the colder months.
Despite all these extra gadgets the Delonghi has been said to have a few setbacks as well, mainly concerning the design of the port-a filter.
- Firstly, the port-a-filter contains some plastic components which can cause water to become trapped inside, which isn't the best thing when it comes to sterility.
- Secondly if the frother is used after the port-a-filter it can cause a buildup of pressure within the port-a-filter which can cause a messy surprise on the next use.
- A few areas within the machine have been noted to leak as well, most importantly the connection between the port-a filter and the port head.
- Another customer also stated that there was a constant drip of water from the tip of the frother when the machine was on after a few months of use, much to her dislike.
the Delonghi EC702 15- bar pump Espresso Maker Review
Based on the above observations which were made by a fair amount of customers it can safely be said that there are some flaws in the design with regards to the port-a-filter.
In addition to these flaws a few other minor setbacks have been mentioned but these can be easily corrected.
- For example, the space between the base and the coffee spouts is small and can only accommodate espresso shot cups, meaning that one has to have special cups to use the machine and the coffee has to then be transferred to another larger vessel if mixing with cream, translating to more dishes which isn't attractive to anyone.
- Also, customers have also noted that their first few uses of the machine resulted in substandard coffee productions which were not up to par with their liking.
However, they all mentioned that the full flavor they are used to kicked in after the fourth or fifth use of the machine.
Some users also expressed dissatisfaction with the quantity of the milk which can be steamed at one time, only enough for one or two persons, making the use of the machine for entertainment purposes, cumbersome.
More Customers Views And Concerns
Varying opinions were had on the topic of durability. Some customers stated that after six months they noticed a reduction in the pressures generated, with the development of leaks and strange noises during product use.
On the contrary, an equal amount of customers expressed delight with the function and long lasting capacity of their machines.
It all may depend on different variables, for example, type of coffee used, number of uses per day, maintenance and so forth.
All in all, it is evident that this machine, like any product out on the market today, has both its advantages and disadvantages, being called 'the best thing I ever purchased' on one side of the spectrum and 'the absolute worst' on the other side.
For the asking price of $199.95 this seems like a great choice for a coffee lover who is now beginning to move away from drinks offered at coffee chains and more towards exploring the intricacies involved in the development of such a well-loved beverage.