Eco Friendly Pillows In The Market
Going green is a new paradigm in protecting the environment and improving human health and in consequence their total lifestyle. It all started with organic foods and hybrid cars that seemed to be a trend at that time. The eco friendly industry has been booming and is showing no signs of stopping anytime soon. This is because going green has become a necessity, a realization of the society.
People are beginning to grasp the dangerous, strong and often irreversible side effects to the environment and human health due to chemicals and synthetic materials. The modern society demands for more organic consumables and staples to be vastly available in the market. Then, going organic means eating foods that are grown naturally, free from dangerous insecticides, fertilizer and other chemicals.
Nowadays, there’s a strong demand for everything organic. Modern people are pushing it to a higher level by not only eating organic foods but by reversing their ways and advocating things made of natural materials. The latest revolutionary products in the market are eco friendly pillows. And there is a surging demand among insomniacs, workaholics and stressed individuals especially among those suffering from backaches and other body pain.
Chiropractors are recommending the use of these pillows made of natural and healthy materials to protect and improve spine alignment and prevent body pains and other injuries that may lead to health complications due to improper sleeping position. Here are the most eco friendly pillows in the market:
- Natural Latex Pillows are best for individuals who are used to sleeping on their sides and stomach. It conforms to the body’s contour well and gently supports the head and neck. Rubber trees provide the natural latex material used for these pillows. These pillows are dust mites resistance and hypoallergenic.
- Kapok Pillows are very fluffy and offers minimum to no resistance thus it’s best for back sleepers. They are eight times lighter than cotton as it is made of silky fiber. They are very light and hypoallergenic, too.
- Organic Cotton Pillows are very squishy and most enjoyed by stomach sleepers. They are made of natural cottons without perfumes, dyes or formaldehydes. Choose spelt organic cotton material to increase resistance against mould and mildew. These pillows are best for sleepers allergic to latex, wool and buckwheat. They’re hypoallergenic as well.
- Organic Wool Pillows are made of pure wool. Side sleepers enjoy these most for their firmness. These pillows regulate temperature and moisture for even temperature. Plus, they’re fire-resistant. They discourage mildew and dust mites.
- Buckwheat Pillows are filled with buckwheat hulls that mould the shape of the head perfectly. These pillows are naturally dust mite resistant. This kind of pillow is perfect for all kinds of sleepers. It will take some time to get used to especially if you are used to fluffy pillows. Some might find the crunchy sound disturbing but may tone it down by using an organic wool outer layer.
- Millet Pillows are similar to buckwheat ones but of lesser noise. They are also smoother and softer and most recommended to side and stomach sleepers.