Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead Documentary: Honest Review of the Breville Juicer
About the Fat, Sick. and Nearly Dead Documentary
You can call me a cheapskate if you want, but a while back I decided to ditch cable in favor of Roku. I don't want to get into the details of why you should REALLY do the same here, but suffice it to say, you will save a ton of money using Roku. In my case, I discovered a ton of interesting documentaries- yes, I like documentaries. In fact, I've found myself watching a variety of documentaries on completely random topics- most notably about people making a cross-America journey on a variety of "vehicles". Granted- I was mesmerized.
One documentary really caught my attention, however. Have you ever seen Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead? If you haven't, you really should. Basically, it chronicles Joe Cross's journey out of obesity and poor health into weight loss and improved health merely by juicing.
Breville Juice Fountain
Breville Juicer in The Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead Documentary
Joe Cross used the Breville Juice & Blend in his movie. Word of warning: this juicer costs over $500! I'd heard of Breville before, so I knew the brand has an excellent reputation for making quality juicers. So, I did quite a bit of research before settling on the Breville BJE510XL Juice Fountain Multi-Speed 900-Watt Juicer.
It was one of the least expensive of all the Breville juicers, it costs just under $200.. I wanted to make sure it was quality enough to last for a long time.
I must say I've been pleased with it! Keep reading on and I'll tell you why.
About the Fit, Fat and Almost Dead Documentary
Have you seen the documentary yet?
What I Love About The Breville Multi-Speed Juice Fountain
- It is very easy to use. There aren't too many parts and it's fairly intuitive how they all fit together.
- The parts are dishwasher safe.
- Easy clean-up All parts except for the mesh filter basket/Nutri Disc and food pusher are dishwasher safe, provided you use the top shelf. A cleaning brush is included for the filter and disc.
- Doesn't make a huge mess like some juicers do. The juice flows neatly into the pitcher and the pulp goes into its proper container.
- Very little chopping and cutting is necessary. The chute is wide and the machine is powerful, so you won't need to be spending your time doing much cutting.
- It has multiple settings to use depending upon how hard or soft your fruit or veggie is.
- Fast and delicious juice. This juicer utilizes centrifugal force, so with its high RPM, the juice comes out very quickly. It's very smooth and pulp-free (although you can add some from the pulp container, if you wish).
What I Don't Like About My Breville Juicer
- I'm really lazy so I wish all the parts were dishwasher-safe. Scrubbing the filter can be somewhat of a pain as the pulp gets seriously wedged into it.
- It's pretty darn noisy
Listen to the video I made of it in action to hear how loud it is.
- Only 1 year limited warranty coverage by Breville.
- Expensive ($45 replacement blade).
Pictures of the PartsClick thumbnail to view full-size
Assembling the JuicerClick thumbnail to view full-size
Assembly of the Juicer
If you follow the pictures I've posted to the right, I've put the parts in the order they need to be assembled... As I said, it's very easy. But, I know I prefer to have it demonstrated for me so that I can avoid the manufacturer's directions!
Remember that not all the parts can go in the dishwasher! I've put captions on the parts that are and aren't top shelf dishwasher-safe. You will get a brush to use on the filter.
Please be aware there is a sharp blade on the filter. You will need to take extra caution when washing this part.
I just put all the clean parts on a towel and let them air dry.
Compact Juice Fountain
Juice Fountain Plus
Juice Fountain Elite
Entry level juicer- 1 speed
Entry Level- 2 speeds
High-powered and superior materials