Great Landscape Designs Work within Your Boundaries
For homeowners and DIY-minded folks like you and I, a beautifully designed landscape is a direct reflection on our sense of style and function. Our personal tastes inspire our use of our favorite color pallet, and pleasing to the eye symmetry, which work together to make us feel good about our home and garden.
However, for many of us, we simply question if we possess the necessary skill set to make it so. Imagine for a moment, exactly how you will feel, once you discover you absolutely do possess the skills you need to both, design your own landscape, and make that design come to life.
Yes, it is true; your personal vision of how your home will look with a beautiful landscape dream up and designed by you. As you continue reading, Great Landscape Designs Work within Your Boundaries, I believe you will begin to see how designing your own relaxing bit of paradise around your home and garden is easier than you might think.
Landscape design basics
Work within Your Boundaries
1. Start with a landscape design plan
The important thing we should remember to keep in mind, workable landscape plans for our lawn and garden designed to fit our outdoor space, not the full-page glossy pictures we like in the better homes and gardens coffee table book, online or high-end landscape design showroom.
Although books and flower gardening magazines are a great way to be inspired, location, location, location will limit the types of plants, shrubs, and flowers that will thrive in our lawn, garden, or landscape beds.
Much like selecting the proper household furnishings, remember looking at living room furniture in your favorite furniture showroom, where one of those huge sectional leather couches caught your eye. I bet you know the one I mean, not only did it look great, the enormous thing was unbelievably comfortable to set in and was available in the right color, style you like, and would have absolutely complimented the family room décor.
However, the big problem with it, the darn thing was excessively large. So much so, it would have overwhelmed the entire family room leaving no room for end tables, coffee table or your favorite reading chair for that matter.
Selecting the proper plants, trees, shrubs and hardscapes make a landscape design work just like selecting the proper furnishings for our home interior make our indoor living spaces warm, comfortable and inviting to our friends and family.
Outdoor kitchen ideas that inspire
Custom Garden Designs
2. Your custom design landscape should fit you and your family lifestyle
Relax and enjoy the process, allow your minds eye to visualize all the fun and relaxing activities you your friends and family want to enjoy doing in your backyard. Barbecuing, garden parties, watching the super bowl, world cup or, masters golf tournament on your own outdoor big screen TV, just like the one you saw on HGTV or that backyard make over show.
While On the other hand, the kids enjoy playing games, swinging, climbing on the monkey bars, hitting baseballs in their own batting cage or just relaxing around the pool. All these things are like the big leather couch, if it does not fit in your space, replace it on your wish list with something that will, and let us not forget, the budget.
Putting Green Designed for your Landscape
Backyard Playground Design Kids love
Great Landscape Designs Compliment Architecture
3. Great landscape design should absolutely compliment the architecture of our home
● Before we start tearing out or digging up the old outdated shrubs, bushes, hardscapes, and flowerbeds, let us pull up a comfortable lawn chair and take a good long hard look at the architecture of our house. Being true to our home’s basic design, scale and period is the best place to get started with our makeover.
● Secondly, it is important we take the time to define how we will use our lawn, garden and outdoor spaces. Outdoor living space for reading and conversations, Kids play area, entertaining, family gatherings and outdoor parties or for many of us I dare say, all of the above.
● Our landscape design should be an extension of our home interior design, let us think about it for a moment. Imagine walking through a modern home design, opening a set of beautiful French doors, greeted by a rustic Beverly Hillbillies, or Fred Flintstone outdoor setting, I think we all agree would be a bit confusing, if not overwhelming for many of us. On the other hand, many of us find ourselves exactly in that position, subsequently we want or should I say, verry much need to redesign our landscape and provide our family with the outdoor living space they deserve.
Designing Beautiful, Functional Gardens
Great landscape designs work within your boundaries is to say, your garden, outdoor living and entertaining spaces are extensions of your home, its interior design and you and your family’s life style.
Understanding, and most importantly complimenting the architecture style and color of our home is paramount in designing both, beautiful, and functional landscape features of your dreams.
Eclectic, modern, French country or Zen design, it is your style, enjoy life and live it to the fullest.
Enjoy gardening and your landscape. Mike
The author of this publication, Mike Teddleton owns the copyright to Great Landscape Designs Work within Your Boundaries . The rights to publish this article in print or online can only be granted by contacting me the author in writing. You may use the intro and link back to the article directing the reader back to my post here at HubPages where they may find the story in its entirety