House Cleaning Help
House cleaning: That phrase either excites you or makes you cringe. You either love it or hate it, and for most people there is no in between. If you are someone that loves it, more power to you. If you are like most of the population that would rather do pretty much anything else than something that has to deal with house cleaning, read on for a few helpful tricks and tips. And, consider the idea of a home cleaning service. This may be the solution for you. These services can make your house spotless, making the maintenance of keeping your home clean very simple.
To start off, get in the habit of doing these simple cleaning tips. If you can master these, you will already begin to see a huge difference in how clean your house looks and feels. It seems easy, but will help you a great deal.
- Air condition your home.
- Damp mop hard surfaces regularly.
- Vacuum mattresses.
- Vacuum everything once a week.
Once you have mastered those tasks, continue with the next few—
- Try to put things where they belong right away so as to avoid handling objects twice and doing twice the work.
- Before you begin cleaning your specified room, scan the room and take a mental inventory of what needs to be done.
- Make your own house cleaning checklist. This will make cleaning achievable and make you feel productive when you can check something off of your list.
- Make sure to remove clutter from your floors. Trying to clean your home when you have a bunch of items on the floor is pretty frustrating. Do a quick round up of all your items and then start cleaning once you are done that.
- Play music. This is sometimes a controversial house cleaning tip because there are those who feel that doing this causes distraction. For most though, this can make the process more enjoyable and allow it to go faster.
- Wipe sinks and showers out after each use. This will prevent grime and scum from building up, making your life much easier.
- Sweep your floors regularly. This prevents grit from building up, and while it may not seem to make a huge difference it will in the grand scheme of things.
- Do not let yourself get overwhelmed. This is the classic mistake people make. They try to take on too much cleaning at one time, get frustrated, and then decree that they shall never clean again.
- Embrace imperfection. Your house will not be spotless every hour of every day. This does not mean your home cleaning efforts are hopeless.
These above tips are just the beginning. House cleaning is an art that can take a few tries to master. For those who want to give it a shot, the above pointers give you a good place to start. If the thought of cleaning still seems horrific, consider hiring a cleaning service.