How To Clean Your Roller Blinds
How to Clean Yout Roller Blinds
Roller blinds are great for their ease of use and flexibility in that they can be used in any room of the house. But like all furnishings they can get dirty and should be cleaned at least three times a year (but probably more often in the bathroom or kitchen).
Whether it’s house dust, stray food and splashes in the kitchen, shaving foam or shampoo in the bathroom, or even flies and mosquitoes, roller blinds are constantly bombarded with dirt.
So how do we go about cleaning our roller blinds in Dublin?
Well there’s a few ways actually, and it all depends on the material they’re made from and the severity of the dirt.
But remember - always read the manufacturers instructions. For example some blinds can be immersed in water; others can't.
What is your favourite type of blind?
So if you're roller blinds aren't very dirty then we can do the following:
- Lay a large sheet on the floor.
- Remove the blinds from the roller.
- Lay the roller blinds out flat onto the sheet.
- Get a small vacuum (or small vacuum piece) and gently vacuum the window blinds.
- Next get a small bucket with warm water and a small amount of detergent.
- Get a soft cloth and wipe the roller blinds gently. You may use a toothbrush for more difficult stains.
- Use a rinsed cloth to wipe any suds off - make sure this is done thoroughly!
- Finally get an old dry towel and dab the roller blind dry. Then (with the aid of a helper) hang the blind back up on the roller.
If your blinds are in need of a more thorough clean then we can give them the full works.
- Follow the above four steps.
- Next fill the bathtub halfway full of warm water.
- Use a cup full of laundry detergent or vanish oxy action and swish it together until you create suds - (some people also add a drop of bleach for extra whiteness!)
- If there are no apparently bad stains you can leave it to soak for three or four hours.
- If there are bad stains then once again you can use a toothbrush to gently scrub them out.
- When you're done thoroughly rinse your blinds.
- Hang them over the bath rail until they're dry.
- Hang back up on the roller - and you're good to go!