- Home Furnishings»
How to Choose a Good Mattress
The Cost of a New Mattress
If you are in the market for a new mattress, there are some things you need to be aware of. Not all mattress are the same by any means and some people think the more you spend on a mattress the better. This is not the case ! You do want to decide though how much money is in your budget for a mattress before you go to the store.
If you don't have the money to buy a mattress outright, than you want to only finance with the 6 months same as cash option. Then pay it off in 6 months. This is essential, otherwise you will most likely end up spending far more money then you can afford. Here is a list of things to picking out the absolute best mattress for you !
Memory Foam Verses Pillow Top Mattress
* Don't finance a mattress for 5 years. This is a mistake that a lot people make. The reasoning for this is that usually within 5 - 7 years people are unhappy with their mattresses anyway. You're not buying a car, you're buying a mattress so treat it as such !
* Memory foam mattresses are nice, but beware they hold in heat. A lot of people aren't aware of this and they purchase a memory foam mattress and can't stand it because of the excessive heat.
* Pillow top mattresses are are extremely comfortable. They do tend to show impressions more than other mattresses, but all mattresses show impressions over time. If you get a double pillow top mattress you won't notice the impressions.
* It generally takes 30 days to really get used to your mattress. If you hate it after a few days, exchange it. Ask the store how long you have to return it.
* Get a protection pad your mattress because warranties are null and void if there are any stains on them. We sweat when we sleep which can leave stains, as well as children or pets.
* If you are larger, you want to get a firmer mattress. If you purchase a soft mattress it gives into your weight faster. Flipping your mattress every season helps out a lot also.