"How to Plant an organic vegetable and herb garden"
"How to Plant an Organic Vegetable and herb Garden"
"How to Plant a Organic Vegetable and Herb Garden"
When I was about 14 years old, we had our own personal garden for family use. It was a lot of work, but the benefits form having organic vegetables was worth all the hard work. My dad made all of the children pitch in and help do something to help with the garden. We had a large field for our garden but if you have a smaller space, that okay you still can make your organic garden. If you can find a space about 10x10, that would make a nice size garden.
If you have a smaller area, you have to use what you have on hand, if you want to reap the healthy benefits of organic vegetable and herbs. The best thing about planting your own garden, is you want have to worry about pesticide or contaminants being in your veggies; when you eat them. They will be safe plus healthy, a double plus for your health. here are the steps to take to prepare your Organic vegetable and herb garden.
1. Try to have access to a land space about 10x10 feet or even a little larger, if you want to plant many veggies and herbs.
2. The land has to be broken up into soft earth, so you can till the ground and make rows for planting your vegetables and herbs.
3. Once you get the land broken up and have made the rows of the land, take a hoe and go down the center of the row, laying it open for the water,fertilize, and seeds.
4.Then get a water can and irrigate the laid open rows, until you have water everyone of the rows.
5.Get your organic fertilizer and sprinkle it into all the rows.
6.Decide how many rows will go to planting vegetable and then how many for your herbs.
7. All the vegetable should be planted together in different rows and all the herbs should be planting; with herbs to themselves.
8.Open your vegetable seeds individually and sprinkle them down the opens rows; until you have sprinkle all the vegetable seeds in their rows.
9. Then do the same for your herbs, whether it's garlic, cilantro, parsley or what ever, sprinkle all your herds down the rows until finished.
10. Then take your hoe and cover up each vegetable row and each herbs row with the dirt until you have covered all the seeds so the birds don't get them.
Now, after all this has been done, you wait until your vegetable start growing and water them occasionally, but don't drown them. If you lived in an area that's particularly dry, then you might have to water more often. The fun will be when you see your garden starting to grow and flourish, the plus will be when you can finally eat the vegetables from your very own garden.
You have to figure out all the vegetables you plant around the same time, and plant them. Go to a garden center and pick up your vegetables and herbs and plant them together. you might have to buy a hoe, a water can, and the fertilizer, but that's mostly what you will need to plant your organic vegetable and herb garden.
Here are some vegetables we had success with growing"
Tomatoes, bell pepper, okra, all kinds of greens, yellow crook neck squash, string beans, peas, corn, speckled butter beans, green onions, cucumbers, red potatoes, sweet potatoes, peanuts, lettuce, and cabbage.
There are so many vegetables to choose from, that there want be a reason to get board with any of them. Your herbs will depend on what you want to grow, we did garlic, green onions, but you might want to do cilantro, parsley, basil, oregano and any thing else you want to plant. I hope you enjoy your organic vegetable and herb garden as much as we did.
Benny Faye Douglass