How to make dishwashing detergent
Making your own dishwasher detergent couldn't be any easier. These recipes only take minutes and you need only a few ingredients. This is a great way to save a little extra money. These detergents are safe and good for the environment because they do not contain any harsh chemicals.
This is such an easy recipe you only need three ingredients. It only takes minutes and you save so much money.
What you will need
- Baking soda
- Small container with lid
What to do next
- Take three cups of borax and put it into the container
- Then add three cups of baking soda into the conainer
- Seal the box
- Shake the mixture
- Now it is ready to use
- Use two table spoons per load
- Add vinegar a couple of tablespoons to the rinse compartment before starting each load
The liquid version is the same only you add three cups of water to the mixture and skip the vinegar. For some reason the liquid version is less likely to leave behind a residue so the vinegar is not needed.
Some different versions
- You can replace the baking soda with washing soda
- You can also add a couple of drops of essential oils for fragrance
- You can add a tablespoon or two of liquid dish soap for extra dirty dishes (to the whole batch of detergent not per load)
Borax can be found in the same section as laundry soap in most grocery stores. The price is usually about five dollars.
Washing soda can be found in the same section as the borax and can be found in most grocery stores too. The price is usually about five dollars.
Baking soda can be found in the baking section near the flour in most grocery stores. The price is usually about five dollars.
Essential oils can be found online and in some health stores. The price varies depending on the amount and fragrance you choose.
Vinegar can be found in grocery stores and the price is usually under five dollars.
More of my work
- How to make your own shampoo
How to make your very own all natural shampoo. All you need is a few simple ingredients. This recipe can be customized for your specific hair type and to the type of fragrance you prefer.
- How to whiten your teeth naturally at home
How to whiten your teeth naturally at home. What kinds of all natural products you can use. Organic products that are faster and safer. You can use baking soda, oranges, bananas even strawberries.
- How to make your own conditioner
All natural conditioner recipe. Making your own conditioner can be easy and simple. This is a good way to avoid chemicals and fillers. Using all natural products is safer for you and the environment.
Some related pages
- How to make washing dishes easier and faster
I hate doing dishes. It's one of those annoying tasks that feels so unimportant; however it is necessary to do. I'm not some type of dish guru, and in fact I'm really quite bad at most of these household tasks. That is why I think it's important to..
- How to Make Hand-Washing Dishes Seem Effortless
Some people dislike washing dishes by hand more than others; but washing a sink load of dishes doesn't have to be overwhelming, or all that unpleasant, by breaking down the task.
- How to go green - make your own laundry detergent an...
Going green can save you money as well as save the planet. Try these quick tips to make your own laundry detergent and dish soap.
- How to Make Soap - Make Quick Cure Hot Process Soap
Home made soap usually needs to cure for a month before you can use it. But, there is a method called Hot Process Soap Making that speeds up the cure time. Heating the soap cures it quickly, making it safe to use in one week. Hot Process soap making