I Never Thought Of That XII....Helpful Hints...How to Dry Out Cell Phone
- Oops, dropped your cellphone, smart phone, digital camera, etc in water. Here's a solution I just got from the Internet. Remove the battery, and drop both the device and battery in an air tight container full of rice, seal, and let remain for a few hours, upon removal the device should be as good as new.
- Oh no, you forgot to wash that favorite hand washable, sweater, etc, and it's the night, or morning before you want to wear it, not to worry, here's a solution. After washing the sweater, or whatever, place the garment between two towels, (preferably of the same shade as the garment), roll, or simply walk around on the towels. For extra security, you might want to use a third towel after removing from the two. Then hang or lay flat to dry, and in the morning or if you do it the morning of it should be ready to wear when you need it.
- From the Nate Berkus show, I heard this one. Remember in one of my other installments of this series, I gave a solution for removing those deodorant stains from the item that you are wearing. Well this one sounds good too. Anyway the suggestion is to use a used dryer sheet, and vigorously rub the stain, removing it instantly. I'm going to try that one. By the way this is pertaining to when you put on that dark shirt, or dress and your deodorant is not completely dry and comes off on your item.
- This is one that most of us will need at one time or another. This suggestion is how to remove water rings from wood. Using non gel toothpaste, and a damp cloth, gently massage the mark until it disappears. Then wipe away the residue with a clean cloth, it should be good as new.
- Here's a good one especially for the winter. Got a stuffy nose interrupting your sleep, and using a decongestant is the only thing you can think to do, but you know it will keep you awake. Instead, reach for a hot digestible liquid, such as soup or herbal tea. Sipping the warm or hot fluid instantly breaks up sinus congestion, and you are able to sleep through the night. My suggestion is to use a relaxing herbal tea like chamomile.
- Love garlic, but hate garlic breath, a relatively new study out says that simply drinking milk prior to or even with a meal in which garlic is eaten, will block the compounds that cause garlic breath. Must try this one.
Another one down, More to come, stay tuned.
- I Never Thought Of That VIII
Are you constantly tightening your eyeglass screws? Most of us that wear glasses for any reason can answer in the affirmative, so here's a really good tip. Apply a little clear nail polish to the threads of...
- I Never Thought Of That X
Again let's do natural cures! Want to bring a boil to a head naturally, here's how. What about using tomato paste, yes I said tomato paste. Here it is, cover the boil with the paste as you would a...
- I Never Thought Of That XI
So, as, Jimmy Durante said, "I got a million of em." I'm sure most of you don't know who Jimmy Durante is. He was an American actor, comedian, and pianist of the early 20th century. He would make that...
© 2011 Alfreta Sailor