How to Clean Your Bathroom FAST
Cleaning the Bathroom
What is the most dreaded task in keeping your house clean?
If you answered "cleaning the bathroom", this information will help you take the dread out of cleaning the bathroom!
With this technique, you won't spend more than five minutes per day cleaning your bathroom, and it will sparkle!
How to Clean Fast
The principle is simple - break the task down into very small parts, and it becomes much more manageable and less yucky! Do a little each day and your bathroom stays clean in minutes!
First, think about the tasks you have to do to get your bathroom clean. Here are a few that come to mind:
- clean the toilet
- clean the sink
- clean the mirror
- sweep the floor
- change the hand/bath towels
- clean the counter
- clean the shower
Now, break those tasks down into smaller tasks. For example, "clean the sink" becomes the following smaller tasks:
Clean the faucet
Clean the sink ---->
Clean the sink bowl
Refill the soap dispenser
What was once a menacing task (cleaning the sink) is now a series of smaller, more manageable tasks. In fact, one of those smaller tasks could be done in a matter of minutes!
Break Down Cleaning Tasks
Now it's time to look at your own bathroom. Think about the bigger tasks that need to be done, and then break them down into smaller tasks, just like we did with cleaning the sink. This can be done with any of the tasks in your bathroom. The goal is to make the task manageable and small.
Once you have broken down the tasks into pieces, this terrible task has become a list of tiny, one-to-two minute items. Each task looks pretty short and easy. Suddenly cleaning the bathroom doesn't seem so bad!
What room would you like to clean in five minutes or less?
Fast Ways to Clean the Bathroom
Now that you have a list of tiny tasks that lead to a clean bathroom, you now have your to-do list for your five minutes per day. Here is an example of how to squeeze these tasks into your day:
- As you're heading out the door in the morning, grab the towels and put up new ones.
- Wipe down the faucet before you brush your teeth at bedtime.
- Put toilet bowl cleaner in the toilet as you are getting into the shower. After you are finished showering, scrub the bowl and flush.
- Wipe the outside of the toilet down before you go to bed.
- Wipe down the sink bowl with disinfecting wipes before you shower in the morning.
- Refill the soap dispenser when you go to the bathroom.
- Clean the mirror just before you get dressed.
- Sweep the floor before bed.
- Wipe down the counter with disinfecting wipes as you get ready in the morning.
- Clean the shower while you are in the shower. Spray cleaner all over the shower a few minutes before you get in, then scrub and rinse while you are showering.
Give these tips a try! At first, try just one task per day. Then, add another as you can, using the list above for ideas. Good luck and enjoy your clean bathroom!