Decorating with Rustic Metal Stars
With Texas being the Lone Star State, I guess it makes sense that Texans love displaying a lone star on anything and everything. Rustic metal stars are becoming quite popular in many places besides Texas. Some manufacturers call them primitive stars, Amish barn stars, and Americana stars.
Barn stars actually first became popular after the Civil War and can be traced back in America to the 1700s.
No matter what you choose to call them, three-dimensional metal stars are a hot interior and exterior decorating item. These stars are no longer just a barn decoration. They can be seen on the inside and outside of many homes, from the quaint 500 square foot woodframe home up to the gazillion square foot luxury homes. Stars range in size from the size of a button up to 6 feet tall. They come in a variety of colors and can easily be painted to create your own unique look.
Rustic Western Decor
I've always been a fan of log cabins and country style homes filled with western decor. I love cowhide furniture and cowhide rugs. I love wall colors in warm creams, tans and earthy tones. I call them cozy colors. They make me want to snuggle onto a comfy cowhide and leather sofa with a good book. I just find them visually appealing.
Entire stores devote themselves to the latest furniture, bedding, and wall decor in western themes. The Lone Star pattern can be found on:
- Sofas, loveseats, recliners, rockers, chairs and living room sets
- End Tables, coffee tables, sofa tables, hall tables
- Lamps, sconces, chandeliers, wall and ceiling fixtures
- Mirrors, wall hangings
- Quilts, comforters, sheets, pillows
- Towels, bathroom rugs, toothbrush holders, towel holders, shower curtains
- Rugs, throws, curtains
- Canisters, paper towel holders
- Table cloths, table runners, placemats, napkins
- Waste baskets, tissue box covers, coasters
- Dinette Tables and chairs
- Entertainment centers, armoire
- China cabinet, pie safe, vegetable bin, breadbox
For the exterior, you can find the Lone Star pattern on:
- Patio furniture
- Planters and terra cotta pots
- Fences and gates
- Bird feeders
Uses for the Metal Stars
The metal stars look classy in their natural state, however, you can dress them up with various themes.
- Paint them in their favorite football team colors
- Paint them in red white a blue with stars and/or stripes
- Paint them in seasonal colors (pastels for Easter, orange and black for Halloween, red and green for Christmas)
- Apply rub-ons in various designs such as Victorian scrolls, exotic animal prints, paisley prints, etc.
- Sponge on colors for a textured look
- In sets you can mix and match the themes with solids and prints
Great Links and Resources
- Stars Over Texas | Metal Art
Stars Over Texas specializes in high quality metal art. We are licensed with University of Texas A&M, the University of Texas , Texas Tech University , and are the exclusive licensee with Roy Rogers Merchandising and Hank Williams Jr. Enterprises
- Iron Designs and Signs
Steel Texas star, rustic barn stars, copper star, ranch signs, home decor, branding irons, decorative iron, garden art
- American Metal Tin Barn Star, Amish Barn Stars, Primitive Stars, Rustic Stars, tin, star, barn, meta
American Tin Star is your source for heavy duty metal tin barn stars in standard five point barn stars and primitive style stars in solid or rustic coverage for country crafts or home and garden decor. All American handcrafted - made in the U.S.A!