- Home Furnishings»
- Bedding & Linens
No sew pillow covers...use my tips to avoid a FAIL
I thought I'd try the no sew pillow covers. Seems easy enough, fabric, a glue gun and scissors. While I'm pretty happy with my finished product, here is a little advice to make yours even better!
- Ruler/ measuring tape
- Glue gun
- Glue sticks
- Sharp scissors
How I did it (and what I should have done)
- Cut your fabric to cover the pillow, using the pillow as a guide. Two squares were cut for this pillow. (Here is were the tape measure comes in handy. Measure it rather than eyeball it and leave 3-5 inches extra along each edge.)
- When cutting the fabric, use sharp scissors. (AND straight cuts! It will matter in the end.)
- You want to make sure the right side which will show is facing out. Iron your fabric, make seams along each edge. I didn't want my pillow cover snug so I made it a little larger than the pillow. (This worked great!)
- Add hot glue in the seams, this is your 'thread'. (Do it in a really straight line.)
- Glue both pieces of fabric together leaving the top open for the pillow.
- I want to be able to remove this cover so I added velcro along the top. (If you do this add more glue to the velcro.)