Techniques on Freshening Your Home
- Freshening up your home is an important part of anyone’s household chores. But being able to maintain a good, clean and fresh indoor air quality, means having to introduce scented odors to ward off any unwanted odors. This can be easily achieved by experimenting with different techniques from day to day, and through finding out what fragrances and methods suit you best. You can also make this part of your day an enjoyable activity, and in no time at all, you’ll find yourself creating a pleasant and tranquil atmosphere throughout your home.
Air Purifying Plants.
- Indoor plants and are commonly used for decoration, but studies have also shown them to have positive psychological effects and that they act as an air purifier. A few the most common air purifying plants used indoors are palm, orchids, and peace lilies. There are lots of reasons to have these plants indoors for example, they provide a livelier setting within your home, they clean the air, radiate a sweet warm and peppery sent through their silky green leaves, and some release a strong flowery sent.
- House Plant Tip: Common house plants need to be kept contented by occasionally using a fertilizer formulated for acid-loving plants.
- Air fresheners are consumer products, which can be purchased at your local store or through any air freshener website. Even though, at times your home may be spotless, spic-and-span or hygienically clean and giving off a pleasant sent. It is always a good idea to add a few air fresheners to your shopping list. There are many kinds of air fresheners, available in a wide range of commercial brands. Some of the different kinds of air fresheners include; sprays, scented candles, oils, gels, beads, and plug-ins. Furthermore, air fresheners improve the air quality within your home. And through use will simply diffuse into the air and mask other odors that are lingering in the air. You can also introduce special or different odors to your home on a day to day bases.
- Using scented candles is a delightful way to add a beautiful fragrance to the entirety of your home. There is also a wide variety of scented candles to choose from. The specialty of these candles, is that they possess a compound mixture of an essential oil fragrance. Whereas, some of the most commonly used scented candles include; Lavender, Sandalwood, Rose, and Apple. Also, these can be place in any room you desire, which makes it even more fun to have scented candles in your home. Plus, burning a scented candlelight not only emits a wonderful sent, but also creates a warm welcoming glow.
A Rose Scented Candle.
Oil Air Fresheners.
- There is a wide variety of oil air fresheners to choose from including; oil sprays, reed oil diffusers, and oil diffusers. These can also be purchased at your local store or online at any oil air freshener website.
- Oil sprays; come in many different fragrances, ready to use at your convenience. Also, by spraying oils to ward off those unwanted lingering odors within your home; daily laundry and trash bin expenditure, will replace those areas of your home with a natural pleasant aroma.
- Reed oil diffusers; simply come in a bottle along with several rattan reeds ready for use. Mostly these reed oils are of high quality, which are strong scented oils, that slowly evaporate into the air creating a subtle and extravagant sent. These can also be placed in any room you desire and will deliver a continuous pleasant scent throughout your home.
- Oil diffusers; come in many differ styles, which has become an ornamental feature within the homes of today. These oil diffusers function by the use an atomized system, that automatically releases a steady stream of vaporized oil scents throughout your home. Plus, some of the fragrant essential oils to choose from are Lavender, Jasmine, sandalwood and may more. These can be place in any room of you desire, and will provide you with a sensational experience that fills your home with a wonderful aroma.
- An oil burner or sometimes called an aroma lamp is an ancient method of scenting your home. This unique method uses a small candle to heat and vaporize the oil, in this occasion the candle is placed inside the lamp. Thus, through the years there has been numerous designs created for these lamps, ranging from dragon’s dens to dolphins of the sea and so on. These wondrous designs are also ornamental treasures, kept for their intrinsic value. To use an oil burner in your home, use any oil of your chose, place 3-4 drops of the oil together with a little water into the burner until it’s roughly ½ or ¾ full. Place the burner in a safe place, out of the reach of children, pets or burning hazards. Light the candle at the base of the burner. The mixture of oil and water will start to heat and evaporate into the air, giving your home a unique and wonderful scent. Note, that it is always advisable to add a small amount water to your oils to reduce any risk of throat irritations.
- Incense sticks are make from aromatic plant materials, combined with the element of essential oils. This aromatic biotic material will release a fragrant of smoke when burnt, but will also produce a scented aroma throughout your home. Whereas, incense is use for therapeutic reasons and in meditation, but is mostly used to create a pleasurable authentic scented atmosphere in your home. Furthermore, incense has been used in China for over two thousand years in religious ceremonies and as traditional Chinese medicine. Which can be purchased in your local stores or online at any incense website.
- Making a potpourri, would be one of the best ways to freshen your house with a natural aroma: Just slice up one-half apple, one-half orange, add some rosemary, a couple of cinnamon sticks, some cloves, place into a pot, add a few drops of lavender essential oil, some water, bring to the boil and let simmer for a while. This will allow for the aroma to fill your home with a fresh natural scent. You can even place some of your potpourri; liquid and contents, into a jar or bowl for use as a scented air moisturizer.
© 2017 George Gormley