Things to Know Before Hanging Wallpaper - a List
Here's what you need to know
Hanging wallpaper can be a daunting task and when something goes wrong it's not always your fault.
Just like any product you buy it's important to read the instructions so you know what to look out for in advance and don't make any mistakes.
The following is a list of what to look out for.
- Always read the instructions provided with each label attached to the wallpaper, respect these instructions and always save one of the labels.
- Check each label and look for matching production dates or number to avoid color differences.
- Check each roll for quality, color and pattern before hanging it, most stores will refund the rolls but not the work.
- Make sure your wall is clean, dry, smooth, absorbing lightly and preferably in a single light color.
- Only use glue recommended by your specialty store or by the manufacturer.
- Use clean and professional tools
- Depending on the kind of wallpaper the glue needs to be applied to either the back of the roll or the wall, always check which one before hand.
- Make sure that any glue stains on the top of the wallpaper are removed immediately before the glue has had a chance to dry with cold clean water and a micro fiber towel.
- Always clean each piece of wallpaper from top to bottom directly after hanging it.
- Make sure to finish each wall in it´s entirety before starting on the next.
- After hanging 1 roll check your results before starting on the second roll if you spot any visible mistakes on the roll itself stop immediately and do not continue. Report the problem and have the roll replaced first.
- If you do encounter a problem be sure to make lot's of pictures and notify the store where you bought the wallpaper.
- Do not throw away the wallpaper that has the problem as most shops will ask for it back for verification.