Tips for Easy Cleaning
Do you find cleaning your home a burden during weekends? Most of us are sad that we are unable to make our dream home clean in our busy daily life. Also the fact is that we are not ready to let it perish in that way. So here are some tips to make your home cleaning easy.
- Cover the carpets with newspapers before cleaning the room so that dust will not get in to carpets.
- Clean the mirrors and glasses with old newspaper daily. Wipe the glasses and mirrors with cotton dipped in spirit and then clean them with a light weight cloth. This can be done once in a month or during 2 weeks.
- Remnants of paint in glass windows can be removed by applying hot vinegar.
- Stains of milk, lemon juice etc can be removed with cotton dipped in vinegar.
- Dirt can be removed from the floor if the water used for cleaning is mixed with ½ cup each of Ammonia and detergent.
- Stain in wash basins can be cleaned with vinegar applied cloth.
- Tables get marks of cups and glasses placed on them. These marks will disappear if we apply oil mixed with salt. Wipe it out and apply polish.
- Vacuum cleaning the carpets often will remove dust and dampness from it.
- Remove dust from the painted walls before washing them.
- Use socks for furniture legs while carrying them from room. This will not leave marks in the floor.
- Use white or off-white colored cloth or sponge while cleaning the wall and ceiling.
- Wax from candle stands can be removed after placing them in freezer for one hour. The stands can be washed and dried then.
- Mix vinegar and water in 1:4 proportions. This can be applied to remove soap stains form bathroom tiles. Wash it thoroughly and dry it with soft cloth.
- Electric switches can be cleaned using cotton dipped in spirit.
- Furniture will shine if they are wiped using a cloth applied with kerosene after removing the dust.
- Chewing gum caught on floor mats and carpets can be removed by placing an ice cube on them.