CLEAN YOUR SHOES WITH TOOTHPASTE
Yes really! Just a little squirt onto the scuffed area and a rub with a duster or soft cloth. Then a final wipe with a damp cloth. Good as new!
Impressed? Its also great for lots of other things apart from cleaning your teeth. Here are my top 10:
- Polishing gemstone jewellery. It will really make those diamonds sparkle if you apply with a soft toothbrush and then rinse off residue.
- Removing watermarks from wooden furniture. Rub on with a soft cloth and wipe off with a damp cloth. Allow to dry completely then polish as normal
- Getting rid of onion, fish or garlic smells on the hands. Just wash them with toothpaste and the smell will be gone.
- Clearing up stubborn spots and pimples. Dab on a little ordinary white toothpaste and leave it overnight. The spot should have dried up by the morning. Take care if you have sensitive skin though.
- Try shining up your chrome taps with toothpaste. Apply the paste and polish with a soft cloth. Works a treat!
- Use as a filler to block up small holes before wallpapering.
- Cleaning the white rubber of trainers and baseball boots. Just give them a good brush with toothpaste and wipe off with a damp cloth.
- Dab on to relieve the sting and itch of insect bites
- Clean silver
- Clean the teats of baby bottles. Toothpaste gets rid of the sour milk smell. Remember to rinse the teat thoroughly before giving it to baby.
© Susan Bailey 2008 All Rights Reserved