Use Bi-carbonate of soda for cleaning in your home
Cleaning with bicarb of soda
Some of the many cheaper ways to clean your home by using bi-carb soda
Carpet: some stains can be removed by mixing a small amount of bicarb with water to make a paste. Gently work in with a circular motion.
Stained tea and coffee mugs: remove stains by rubbing the inside of mugs with a paste of water and bicarb. It is non abrasive.
Tarnished saucepans: Add a pinch of bicarb in warm water and slowly bring to boil. When cool, clean with a dry cloth.
Tarnished silver: Place cutlery in a container and add two teaspoons of bicarb. Bring to boil then cool and wipe dry.
Ash trays: Place small amount of dry soda in tray to reduce odour and prevent cigarettes smouldering
Glass, plastic: Clean with dry bicarb soda and rinse then dry
Burnt saucepans: Sprinkle liberally with soda and then add enough water to wet the soda. Leave for 2 days then scrub, rinse and dry.
Barbecue: Sprinkle grill and hot plate, let it soak and rinse and dry
Garage: Remove grease from floor by sprinkling with soda leave 1day then scrub and wash off
Cleaning ideas for bathroom and laundry
- Place bicarb on damp cloth and wipe of scum from bath, basin and tiles then rinse off.
- Soak shower curtains in bicarb soda
- · Soak and wash nappies in soda, helps to whiten and freshen them
- · Remove grease and oil- soak in bicarb soda and wash
- · Wash out washing and dishwashing machine with bicarb soda it removes soap build-up
- · Place two teaspoonfuls of bicarb into 1 litre of warm water, and leave dish cloths in to soak for a couple of hours. This will remove most stains and bad odours.
- · Clean drains- pour half cup down drains leave and hour then pour hot water down the drain. Do this at least once a month.
Many other uses
- Soak combs in soda to clean
- Kitty litter, use soda in bottom of tray it will absorb odours
- Wash out rubbish bins with soda
- Put blobs of soda on a damp cloth and wipe car windshields both inside and out. This repels the rain.
Good luck I hope this helps to give you some new ideas. I dont take any responsibility for any damage to your things as I havent tried all of these.
More uses for bicarb soda some for first aid
- Use bi-carb for health, the home, and first aid
There are many uses for bicarbonate of soda in the average household: cooking, cleaning, odours, and first aid to name a few. We all need to reduce the money that we spend on unnecessary cleaning products...