Other Uses for Soap- It's not just for bathing anymore!
Soap- the household helper revisited!
After, being told I was positive for MRSA, the most important direction given to me was to use Dial Antibacterial Soap.
I was in my kitchen cooking one day and went to clean a tomato- I looked at the tomato and I looked at my bottle of liquid Dial and washed that beautiful tomato with it. I thought if it's good enough for me , it's good enough for the mater, right?
Then , I wondered what other uses my soap could provide for me.
That brings us here to this article on the other uses for soap besides showering, bathing & washing hands!
- Bug repellent: Place a bar of soap in your garden to keep pests away
- Rid your house of fleas: place some liquid soap in a bowl mixed with water under a light and it will attract fleas and they will drowned
- Household bug repellent: mix soap and water and place in a spray bottle and spray around your home to rid your house of spiders and bugs
- Drawers: use soap to loosen and quiet dresser drawers or other household drawers by running the soap along the metal rails
- Freshen clothes/luggage: place a bar of soap in a mesh holder to keep stored clothes or luggage smelling fresh
- Car freshener: place slivers of left-over soap in a mesh bag and tie around your rear-view mirror to keep a fresh smell in your car
- Removing Wallpaper: mix soap and water and sponge on old wallpaper and it will help in removing the glue
- Remove a light-bulb: remove a broken light-bulb by placing a soap bar on top and then turning it
- Zippers: Loosen stuck or rusty zippers by sliding some bar soap up & down the zipper
- Detect gas leaks: mix a solution of water and soap and rub along pipes, if it bubbles, you found your leak.
- Lubricate screws/nails: Dip a screw or nail into a bar of soap before drilling or hammering and it will move through wood more easily/also for saw blades too.
- Fabric Marker: use those little left-overs to make fabric for hemming and it washes right away when complete