- Home Decorating
Your wall, Your art!
Not all of us are gifted with an artistic hand. We may not be able to draw or paint but it sure gives us a lot of pleasure to be appreciated for our ideas.We do want to decorate our walls with something unique and have wistfully many a times remarked..." If only I had an artistic hand...".
So what .... We can still decorate the walls with an art which we create from dried and pressed leaves and flowers!
Dry flowers and leaves art
- Press some interesting leaves or petals between the pages of a heavy book. Wait for a week or two.
- Take care that the petals and leaves that you choose are of thinner variety. So a petal of lily or dahlia won't be right but the foliage of chrysanthemum, rose, ferns, neem tree (Azadirachta Indica), peepal( Ficus Religiosa), maple leaf, walnut tree leaf etc and petals like cosmos, bougainvillea, poppy flowers, gulmohar flowers ( Royal poinciana or flamboyant) are good for pressing.
- When the leaves and petals are completely dried and pressed stick in a pattern or just like that on a attractive hand made paper and get it framed.
- You can even sandwich the dried and pressed flowers and leaves between two thin sheets of clear glass tiles and frame those.
- When decorating the wall hang at least three of such framed art work horizontally or vertically. More the frames the better. A rectangular or square pattern with six, nine or more framed art looks beautiful and is eye catching.
- These framed dry flowers make a good table decor too.
- You can use the dried flowers etc for designing greeting cards and photo frames too.
So what are you waiting for.... Open those herbarium, rush to your gardens or nearby parks....pluck some leaves and petals, press and voila your own art is ready for your wall!!