Conversion Chuck for Impact Drivers
Have you ever wished that your impact driver could be converted into a standard cordless drill? I know that on many occasions, I have. That is why I got a drill adapter conversion chuck for my impact driver.
I don't know about you, but when I am on the job site, the fewer tools I have to carry back and forth from my truck, the better. I am always looking for ways to simplify my tool and work load.
The less I have to carry, the better.
Why I Got A Conversion Chuck...
One day I was installing one of those large wooden playground swing sets. It was way in the back of a customers lawn, and after dragging all that heavy lumber and hardware through the fence and up a slope 60 yards, I had to go back and grab all the tools I needed to put it together.
Let me give you a short list of the tools I had to drag with me: A hammer, impact wrench with batteries, impact driver with batteries, a 75 lb Craftsman toolbox, a set of box wrenches, my Dewalt boom box, a cooler of drinks, and a hernia belt from all that lifting.
It was on that day it dawned on me that things would be much simpler if my impact wrench could do multiple jobs. Jumping back and forth from impact wrench, to driver drill was a pain. When I got home, I took a look online for a solution and a Neiko quick change conversion chuck is what I found.
Now I must admit, it is nice to be able to drill with an impact wrench, but this adapter is not perfect. This wouldn't be a good review without the pro's and con's...
1. Turns my impact wrench into a drill.
2. It has a heavy duty chuck that cranks down tight.
3. The 1/2 inch adapter can hold the drill chuck or 1/4" hex-shank bits,
4. It converts two tools into one.
1. It has a slight wobble to it. Do not even try to use this if you are doing precision work.
2. The chuck key can be hard to keep track of. I like to attach my keys to my drills, but there is nothing to attach this one to.
3. The hex adapter is tight, but it could be tighter with a snap ring or clip.
All in all, it is a good little tool. It comes in very handy for when I need it and it all fits into my Dewalt case with the impact wrench and batteries.