Flowers I've Grown
Photos of Flowers - Grown In My Garden
I have recently started to garden more around my house and have actually grown some really awesome flowers!
Gardening is a great escape for me, and I love that I can make something so beautiful grow from just a seed.
I've taken pictures of many of them, and want to share them with the world. I hope that you enjoy my photos, and this lens in general!
Benefits of Gardening
- Reduces Stress
- Increases Flexibility and Strength
- Teaches Patience
- Helps Us Unplug
- Named in honour of German botanist and medical doctor Traugott Gerber (http://www.gerbera.org/traugott-gerber/)
- Native to tropical regions of South America, Africa and Asia
- It is the fifth most used cut flower in the world
- The flower heads can be as small as 7 cm (Gerbera mini 'Harley') in diameter or up to 12 cm (Gerbera ‘Golden Serena’)
- It is attractive to bees, butterflies and/or birds, but resistant to deer.
Having a variety of potted plants in interesting pots is a great way to change up your landscaping without too much effort.
You can move them around based on the weather, sun, or even just for looks if you're having company.
Cosmos are such pretty flowers! I grow them every year.
Sunflowers are always sure to brighten your day.
Do you grow flowers?
- There are about 23 species
- Only 5 are very popular in the US
- USDA cold hardiness zone 6
- Grow best in moist, well drained soil
- Easy to dry for preserving
Buy Flower Seeds on Amazon
Rail Flower Planter
Do you start your flowers from seeds?
- "The Perfect Perennial"
- Brilliant colors
- Able to tolerate drought and frost
- Thrive in many different climate zones
- Generally low maintenance
- Edible; used in Chinese cuisine