do you think that 2 stained glass lamps at either end of a couch in a small room

1. profile image47
    moxieeposted 7 years ago

do you think that 2 stained glass lamps at either end of a couch in a small room is too much-...

one is hanging, one is a table lamp

2. Chili63 profile image57
    Chili63posted 7 years ago

I have two stained glass lamps in my living room, and it's not a big room. They're both table lamps and it looks great. My decor is very neutral however, caramel and mahogany. If you have too many competing colors or a lot of stuff, it might be too much. Otherwise, I think that the fact that one of your lamps is hanging and the other is on a table shouldn't overpower the couch. Hope this helps!

3. Beege215e profile image68
    Beege215eposted 7 years ago

several things play an important part in this scene.  Color, size and placement are all factors.  If the room is bigger than 15x18 feet, and the couch is one solid color, then no the lamps are not too much.  What other furniture is in the room?  Do these two lamps throw enough light to read by?  Do they cast shadows in the small room making it look smaller?
    The most important thing is - are you happy with them?  Do they make the room comfortable for you and yours? you want to be content in your own space. And if the lamps make you so, then even in a small room, they should be there for you.  Home is always where you go to feel safe, comfortable and at ease.  It may be small, But stained glass is a charming touch.

working