My frigidair dryer stoped producing heat. the element apears intact with no dico

1. profile image46
    PHIL Hposted 7 years ago

My frigidair dryer stoped producing heat. the element apears intact with no dicolouration, and...

both thermostats chech O.K. with the conductivity tester (one on the blower, & the other on the element housing ).  Where is the fuse located ?  I dis lodged the drum whithout removing the belt (because that is a pain).  ???

2. SteveoMc profile image75
    SteveoMcposted 7 years ago

Take the drum out, This will give you access to the compoonents.  The fuse most likely is located on the back wall of the dryer, top left, just out side of the element can.   It is small and looks like a small thermostat with two wires going to it.   Check the continuity.  No continuity, it is bad.

Possible problem, no power on one side of the plug.   This may allow the dryer motor to run, but not heat.   Make sure the power is good on both sides of the plug.   Set vom to volts ac, 120 or higher, check both legs of the power, red lead in power side of plug, the other in ground.  YOu should get 110-120 on both sides.

Other possibilities include bad timer, break in element that you have not discovered.

Have you read my hub:   http://hubpages.com/hub/Frigidaire-Drye … sy-No-Heat

working