jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

can music make plants grow faster? what is the results for it ?

1. sharenbubbLie profile image53
    sharenbubbLieposted 7 years ago

can music make plants grow faster?
    what is the results for it ?

results  , observations for 2 weeks

2. Godlike profile image60
    Godlikeposted 7 years ago

I doubt music has any effect on how plants grow.
    Though, "talking" to them can have a positive effect since you provide them with CO2. smile

3. Jayne Lancer profile image96
    Jayne Lancerposted 7 years ago

It has been scientifically proven that music does have an effect on plants. Agressive music has a negative effect, soft and gentle a positive one. Plants do like classical music.

4. vicki simms profile image76
    vicki simmsposted 7 years ago

I have heard that plants like music and also talking to them but I personally dont do either of these as it just seems a bit too weird!

5. sharenbubbLie profile image53
    sharenbubbLieposted 7 years ago

thx for d answers it's really helpful :]

6. pgiblett profile image61
    pgiblettposted 7 years ago

This is an interesting question and certainly there are those that believe music does help in the same way as talking to plants helps them grow.

I would say that because we know music has a positive impact on humans that it is likely to have the same affect on other animals and potentially plants. Has there been any scientific research done on this topic? Not to my knowledge, but it raises an interesting thought - improving farming by playing Mozart. I can see that working, how interesting a drive through the countryside will become.

7. profile image0
    awesome77posted 7 years ago

well, it depends on the music. classical and jazz would probably help. Best yet do this to your plants

Touch each plant everyday when you get up and imagine full vibrant growth. If you like try it on one plant and not the others and see your results in a few weeks.

the plant you touch every morning will be alive and growing better than the others.