I recently repainted my hall bathroom Valspar's Dried Mint Green. The paint was

1. profile image44
    leslieegibsonposted 7 years ago

I recently repainted my hall bathroom Valspar's Dried Mint Green.  The paint was a semi-gloss. ...

The fixtures in the bathroom are white.  Now I have absolutely no idea how to decorate the bathroom and am a little overwhelmed by the mint green.  Suggestions on shower curtain/towel colors and wall decor that can tone down this mint?  HELP!

2. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

go with colors that mellow out the room. earth tones are best for this. perhaps a tan or beige would work.

3. kevinw1 profile image44
    kevinw1posted 7 years ago

Mint green is a pretty assertive color, isn't it smile

A couple of things you can try.

One would be using a darker or more muted shade of green, to connect with the mint but tone it down a bit.

Another way would be to use some large artwork that won't be harmed by water (or is cheap enough for it not to matter) to cover a good chunk or chunks of the wall area.

A darker or more muted shower curtain which stays fully or partly closed will give you a large area of darker color to tone down the walls.

If all else fails, maybe you could repaint - it's a bathroom, so probably not very big. Even repaint just some walls and leave the mint green on one wall as a feature?

working