jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Any ideas for inexpensive wall art?

1. ladeda profile image61
    ladedaposted 5 years ago

Any ideas for inexpensive wall art?

I have a few empty white walls that I'd like to fill with color, but my budget is too tight at the moment to go out and buy art. I need some creative crafting ideas!

2. Sherry Hewins profile image96
    Sherry Hewinsposted 5 years ago

There are lots of calendars available that have lovely photos or prints of paintings. Buy one nice one and you have 12 pictures to frame and hang.

3. GDiBiase profile image74
    GDiBiaseposted 5 years ago

In our family we paint on poster board cut to 8x10 to fit in a frame, i have a frame for all 5 of us. 2 adults and 3 children. Usually we choose a specific theme, spring, winter, summer, Halloween, etc. then every one just uses their creativity and paint. I then frame them, changing them every time we paint a new one. If you have kids it is amazing how nice the paintings look once framed.
    Gail

4. Tiger Mom profile image61
    Tiger Momposted 5 years ago

Last year I moved to a new office with three bare white walls.  I didn't want to spend any money on decor, so I took wrapping paper (I already owned) and wrapped empty shoe box lids (I already owned) and hung them on the wall.  Then my kids and I used black tape (I already owned) and made stick figure bodies under the colorful box lids.  We were able to re-purpose everyday items around the house and make it a family activity.  It still brings a smile to my face everytime I walk into my office.  Try it.

5. edelhaus profile image80
    edelhausposted 5 years ago

Making your walls look interesting doesn't have to be expensive.  With a little imagination, creativity and maybe just a touch of fearlessness, you can have walls that wow.  This article includes how to's and lots of pictures for inspiration. read more

6. ladeda profile image61
    ladedaposted 5 years ago

Thanks for the advice everyone! I love the calendar idea!

7. Ronna Pennington profile image82
    Ronna Penningtonposted 5 years ago

Find a photo you love (either portraits or landscapes...whatever you like) and print it onto canvas using your inkjet printer. You can buy sheets of canvas to go through your printer, or simply cut a piece of canvas to paper size and iron a sheet of freezer paper to the back of it for feeding stability. Use the manual feed on your printer and viola! (Be sure not to touch the ink for a bit. It will smudge)

8. profile image56
    Lee Marstonposted 3 years ago

I think you should check out the beautiful collection of wall groupings displayed at http://www.canvasmyphoto.com/layout-wall-grouping.php and get one of them to adorn your walls.

working